Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/12/2012 -- Introduction: Population growth, the expanding consumption power of the developing world, and scarcity of natural resources, combine to intensify pressure on critical resources such as water, energy (notably fossil fuels), and land. Industry will play a central role in enabling consumers to reduce environmental footprints by developing products that meet their core needs, but also conserve resources.
- Pinpoint the best marketing and innovation 'platforms' that can be employed to entice new product trial. See how they relate to 'on-trend' examples
- Access a unique blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand consumer attitudes to resource scarcity and what this means for the future
- Trend overview and sector specific analysis covering food, non-alcoholic drinks, alcoholic drinks, personal care, household care, packaging and retail
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Despite the issue of resource scarcity, consumers continue to be wasteful. Just under a third of consumers say that they regularly have to throw away food and drinks that have gone past their use-by date.
Packaging is the most visible way which consumers judge attitudes. 48 percent of consumers believe food and drinks come in too much packaging. Most consumers know nothing of companies' resourcefulness in the supply chain but packaging is visible and therefore often on what judgements are made.
A water shortage is already posing a significant challenge to agriculture. Two thirds of the world's agricultural output are from countries experiencing drought. Going forward, finding ways to address this will be crucial.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How do consumer view resource scarcity? How does the industry view resource scarcity?
- How does the issue of resource scarcity differ by sector?
- How important are sustainable issues to consumers? Where does it rank overall?
- What are the most innovative solutions to resource scarcity? How are brands tailoring products and marketing?
- What are the future implications of resource scarcity?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of Household Cleaning: Capitalizing On Emerging Trends and Changing Preferences
- Trust & Transparency: Consumer & Innovation Trends
- Trends in Disruptive Consumer Technologies: Emerging innovation and the key drivers of change
- Experimentation: Consumer & Innovation Trends
- Consumer Trends in the Haircare Market in Italy
- Consumer Trends in the Haircare Market in the UK
- Consumer Trends in the Skincare Market in Germany
- Consumer Trends in the Haircare Market in the US
- On-Trend' Innovation & Marketing Concepts: The Convenience Mega-Trend
- Global Consumer Trends: Individualism