Merseyside, UK -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/08/2015 -- The lead up to the festive period can be emotionally and financially demanding, often having serious implications in people's health and well-being. Leading bingo comparison site http://www.bingosites.co.uk conducted an independent survey of over 2,000 UK residents to find out how people really feel about Christmas.
The independent survey looked at individual's attitudes, priorities and behavioral changes regarding the Christmas period, with some revealing insights.
The findings include:
- One in Three people find Christmas Stressful (Stoke-on-Trent is the top place within the UK where people find the lead up to Christmas stressful and feel anxious during the 3-day event)
- One out of 6 Brits find Christmas "depressing" (We asked 2,000 people to describe the festive season in one word)
- Over 33% of families will use short-term loan companies such as Wonga to cover their festive expenditure, Birmingham is the top city within the UK where these adjustments are made.
- Over 85% of parents said they can't afford to give their children everything they ask for.
- 75% of people said they do NOT enjoy the company of their own family during Christmas day. Uncles and in-laws are the top two family members to cause animosity while tucking into your Christmas turkey.
- It's not all depressing! 80% of parents said their most enjoyable moment was seeing their children unwrapping their presents on Christmas morning.
- 80% of single men aged between 18-55 said the most enjoyable thing during the festive period was watching the English Premier Leagues busy festive football fixtures on TV.
Alex Hammond, Commercial director said: "It's time for people to start thinking about their Christmas preparation; whether that is buying presents and decorations, organizing family reunions or planning the iconic Christmas dinner timings. The run up to the holidays can be emotionally and financially demanding, often having implications in people's health and well-being.
BingoSites.co.uk provides all the crucial and apposite information that enables their readers to select the best bingo sites to enjoy most reliable new bingo on the Internet. Their honest reviews, exclusive offers and the latest up-to-date news, provide valuable insight to the most trusted sites online. The website also informs readers about the latest market trends and news.
Notes to editor:
Contact: James Smith - Public Relations Manager
Tel - 07944024382
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
http://www.bingosites.co.uk conducted a survey of 2003 UK residents aged between 18 - 65 using an independent external surveying company. The results of the survey can be found online (below)