Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/07/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of RHB-103 (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 market report to its offering
RHB-103 (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
RedHill Biopharma (RedHill) is co-developing rizatriptan film (RHB-103) with IntelGenx, using the latters VersaFilm propriety thin film technology. Rizatriptan belongs to the triptan class of drugs which target the 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptor subtypes. These are located on the extracerebral, intracranial blood vessels, which dilate during the migraine attack, and also located on the nerve terminals of the trigeminal system. Inhibition of these receptors constricts cranial vessels, blocks neuropeptide release and reduces neurotransmission in the trigeminal pain pathways.
- Overview of Migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on RHB-103 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for RHB-103 for the top six countries from 2012 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Migraine
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of RHB-103 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for RHB-103 from 2012-2023 in the top six countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.).
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit