New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/09/2014 -- We forecast total IT market spending will increase to RON5.24bn in 2014, an increase of 9.2% in local currency terms. Spending is set to gain momentum from 2014 as the economy recovers and consumer and enterprise confidence strengthens. We have a positive medium term outlook for IT market development in Romania based on several supportive trends. Rising incomes will support retail hardware spending growth, while improvements to telecommunications infrastructure is forecast to accelerate the development of Romania as an outsourcing and cloud computing market. The ongoing transformation of political and economic structures, driven domestically and by EU accession, will also provide opportunities. Regional economic instability could derail this bullish outlook, but the wider region could also drive the market to a higher growth trajectory.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: RON2.8bn in 2013 to RON3.1bn in 2014, +8.0% in local currency terms. Demand for tablets is offsetting the decline in desktop and notebook volumes and we believe sales of hybrids should contribute to growth from 2014.
- Software sales: RON805mn in 2013 to RON883mn in 2014, +9.1% in local currency terms. Piracy continues to hold back growth rates, but the enterprise resource planning (ERP) market is developing rapidly.
- IT Services Sales: RON1.14bn in 2013 to RON1.278bn in 2014, +12.1% in local currency terms. Romania is already a popular destination for outsourcing, with vendors continuing to invest in nearshore centres for EMEA, while the country also has potential to become an important regional cloud computing centre.
Key Trends And Developments
In 2014 BMI expects enterprise demand to recover in Romania, offering vendors scope for growth in sales, particularly for hardware and software vendors. A Kapsch BusinessCom survey in February 2014 showed 45% of IT managers in Romania expect budget expansion from 2014-2017, with a further 17% expecting strong growth. Kapsch reported that IT managers in Romania had among the strongest expectations of budget increases in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). We expect investment in hardware will be prominent due to deferred spending from 2012 and 2013, as well as the push factor of Windows XP migration following the withdrawal of Microsoft report from April 2014. In terms of software spending, the strongest demand will be in ERP functions, but security solutions will also continue to grow.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q2 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q2 2014