New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/28/2012 -- BMI View: The Romanian telecoms market contains a number of major international players, such as Cosmote, backed by OTE and Deutsche Telekom, Orange, and Vodafone in mobile, as well as Liberty Global-owned UPC in the wireline sector. Although the market has a strong competitive dynamic, which has helped to drive down prices and promote service uptake, in recent years it has been hit hard by regulatory measures and economic conditions. Mobile subscriptions have declined in each of the nine quarters to the end of June 2012, while ARPU has also generally been declining, albeit with a small uptick based on inactive subscription discounting. With economic conditions set to remain difficult in H212 and 2013, the sector operators will continue to face significant challenges.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Inactive subscription discounting has continued to result in subscription losses. The mobile market has lost 2.947mn subscriptions from Q210 to Q212.
- The broadband market has seen a sharp slowdown in growth, falling from 19.1% growth in 2011 to 9.7% growth in 2012.
- The fixed-line market saw subscription growth in 2011, which we believe to be the result of the increasing popularity of bundled services.
Key Trends And Developments
As the traditional mobile market has been hit by recession and market saturation, operators are turning to wireless data as their strategic focus. In recent months, both market leader Orange and Vodafone announced upgrades to wireless data infrastructure. In July 2012, Vodafone upgraded mobile internet speeds for its highest tariffs to 43.2/5.76Mbps in the Bucharest region, Constanta and the Black Seas resort Mamaia. Vodafone also expanded its HSPA+ coverage to 30 cities, enabling speeds of up to 21.6Mbps. Meanwhile, in June 2012 it was reported that Orange increased 3G coverage from 55% to 98% in 2011. This increase in coverage cost the firm US$137.6mn and included upgrading 2,000 stations from 2G to 3G.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)