New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/15/2013 -- Executive Summary
As of Q213, Russia is continuing to procure new equipment and to gradually professionalise its army. One of the most ambitious procurement programmes is occurring in the country's air force, which is purchasing hundreds of new warplanes, special mission aircraft and freighters over the next decade, with this force modernisation expected to conclude by 2020. In addition, the Russian army is planning to replace a wide range of its current armoured vehicle fleet with a family of modular platforms that can be configured according to the missions that they are to perform. Moreover, the navy is acquiring new vessels, although of all of Russia's armed services, the navy seems to have the least ambitious procurement plans in terms of platform acquisition. Other important changes to the Russian military that have been outlined in BMI's Q213 report include the planned activation of a cyber warfare unit in the Russian army to protect the country against cyber attacks, and to wage cyber warfare.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
BMI has made a number of changes to its views since the publication of the Q113 report:
- Updates regarding all the major procurement programmes planned and ongoing in the Russian Strategic Missile Force and Russian Air Force, and Russian Navy.
- Details of procurement activities performed by Russia during Q1 2013.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Poland Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Romania Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q2 2013
- Israel Defence & Security Report Q2 2013