Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2015 -- Most food & drink companies will suffer from an uncertain political and economic environment in the coming months in Russia. We are quite cautious about the outlook for private consumption in the country on the back of the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine over the former Soviet power's influence on its neighbour. The recent sanctions adopted by the US and EU will only exaggerate already harsh credit conditions, which will potentially limit consumer purchasing power further . As a result, we have lowered our growth forecast for real private consumption to 0.8 % in 2014 from 2.8% previously and to -5.0 % in 2015. This follows average growth of more than 6% between 2010 and 2013.
Headline Industry Data
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- 2014 per capita food consumption (local currency) = +9.4%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR), 2013 to 2018 = +8.6%.
- 2014 beer volume sales = 2.0%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = 2.0%.
- 2014 fruit juice volume sales = +4.6%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +5.0%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales (local currency) = +16.1%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +16.4%.
Key Company Trends
Magnit View Playing Out; Inflation Propelling Same-Store Growth : Classified under the consumer staple banner, food retail is far less vulnerable to the ongoing inflationary surge in Russia caused by considerable weakening in the rouble through 2014. This trend has been further stocked by the restrictions imposed on food imports from the West since August. Discount store leader Magnit is flourishing in this environment and will continue to report strong same-store growth numbers over the coming months.
The discount leader's share price increased by nearly 30% in three months after Russia began banning food imports from Western countries in the second week of August 2014. Same-store sales grew at an average rate of nearly 13% over the first three quarters of 2014; in Q3 ended September 2014, the company had outstanding growth of 17.2% year-on-year (y-o-y). We argued...
The Russia Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Russia Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Russia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Russia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Russian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Russia through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI?s Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
BMI?s Risk Reward Indices provide investors (food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers) looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a market?s risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Venezuela Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Japan Food & Drink Report Q1 2015