Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- Following a year in which BMI believes saw mixed growth dynamics across Russia's freight transport modes, 2014 will signal improvement, with one of the country's major ports finally recovering its pre-downturn volumes.
Total trade is projected to pick up with our Country Risk desk forecasting a year-on-year (y-o-y) increase of 3.75% in 2014 following an estimated growth of 4.05% in 2013.
Rail freight is to continue to dominate the sector in terms of turnover and is projected to grow by 1% in 2014. We are seeing a consolidation of players in this freight transport mode, with major mining and steel producing firms selling their transport subsidiaries and major private logistics players developing in Russia's rail freight system.
We also highlight the impact that the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games will have on this year's results. All freight modes are set to benefit, specifically those in the Krasnodar region.
The final theme is Russia's recent membership of the WTO. As President Vladimir Putin has highlighted, the benefits of an uptick in trade volumes won't be felt straight away, but we believe Russia's freight transport sector will start to fill a positive impact over the medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Air freight is expected to grow by 2.4%
- 2014 Rail freight is forecast to grow by 1.1%
- 2014 Port of St Petersburg throughput is forecast to grow by 5.2%
- 2014 Road freight is forecast to grow by 1%
- 2014 Inland waterway freight is forecast to grow by 1%
- 2014 Total real trade growth is forecast at 3.8%.
Key Industry Trends
Northern Sea Route's Cargo Tonnage to Increase to 4mn Tonnes - Russian President Vladimir Putin has called for a well adapted economic model for the development of the Northern Sea Route (NSR) to increase the route's cargo tonnage to an annual level of 4mn tonnes by 2015. According to him, construction of ice-class vessels and new nuclear and diesel-powered icebreakers needs to be completed at a faster pace....
The Russia Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Russia Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Russian freight transport and logistics industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Russia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Russian freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Russia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering freight transport and logistics, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the freight sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Industry Trends And Developments
Analysis of latest projects across the freight transport sector (road, rail, air, sea and logistics) including market overview which provides an outline of the key elements driving development.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Transport Sector: Sector Value (US$bn); sector real growth (%); employment (`000); total freight carried by road, rail, inland waterways, maritime, air and pipeline (mn tonnes-km/mn tonnes)
Trade: Exports and imports (US$mn) by category of goods (manufactured goods, food, chemicals etc.); top-5 import and export trade partners (US$mn); imports/exports to each global region (US$mn)
Port Data: Throughput (`000 tonnes) and container throughput (TEU) for all major ports in the state
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Freight Transport Report Q3 2014