Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Russia Infrastructure Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/12/2015 -- We forecast 1.2% real growth in Russia's construction industry in 2015 following an estimated contraction of 6.6% in 2014. Our forecast for 2015 is supported by low base effects, strong government support for infrastructure development and robust demand. However, we highlight that EU and US sanctions, following Russia's actions in Ukraine, have severely deteriorated the country's business environment, further deterring foreign investment.
Key Trend And D evelopments
- Developments have prompted our Country Risk team to revise down our GDP growth forecasts for Russia. Russia's annexation of Crimea and perceived belligerence towards Ukraine throughout Q114 triggered significant rouble volatility and massive private net capital outflows, which at USD50.6bn came close to the outflows for the whole of 2013 (USD59.7bn). The flight of capital, which could have otherwise been deployed to productive investment domestically, has worsened the investment outlook.
- Russia's actions in Ukraine have resulted in sanctions from the EU which target loans from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB). We expect these sanctions will have a significant impact on the Russian government's capacity to fund infrastructure projects. In fact, credit availability has started to decline as reflected in the 'credit availability' component of Russia's Purchasing Managers Index (PMI).
- The government has cancelled two recently awarded projects - Taman Port and Lena Bridge - in order to free resources to fund their investment projects in Crimea's infrastructure. In turn, President Putin directed the government agencies responsible for major construction projects to build a bridge across the Kerch Strait joining Crimea and Russia by end-2018. The Russian government has estimated the bridge will cost USD6.17bn.
- Infrastructure associated with the export of commodities (pipelines, ports and transport infrastructure...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Russia Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Russia Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Russian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Russia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Russian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Russian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Russia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into construction (social, commercial and residential), transport (roads, railways, ports, airports, etc), and energy & utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Romania Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Germany Infrastructure Report Q2 2015