New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Russia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/13/2012 -- The Russian telecoms market is the largest in Central and Eastern Europe, with high levels of penetration in mobile, fixed-line and increasingly broadband services. There are major international operators in mobile and fixed line including MTS, VimpelCom, MegaFon, Rostelecom and Tele2 - as well as competition in the wireline segment from ER Telecom. Competition between these operators has helped to expand the reach of telecoms services and drive down prices. Meanwhile, competition has also contributed to advances in technology, with higher capacity broadband (both wireless and wireline) a key developmental trend in the market as operators roll out LTE, fibre and associated pay-TV services.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Growth in the Russia mobile market has slowed considerably, falling to 2.1% y-o-y to Q212, down from 5.6% y-o-y to Q211. Total subscriptions reached 227.5mn at the end of June 2012, equating to a penetration rate of 161.7%.
- As a result of slowing subscription growth, and the potential for inactive subscription discounting, we have revised our five-year forecast to 2016 downwards. We now forecast total subscription to reach 242.3mn at YE16, giving penetration of 170.6%.
Key Trends And Developments
The key developments have come in the mobile segment, most notably the July 2012 announcement by Roskomnadzor that it awarded 4G LTE licences to the 'big four' telecoms firms - MTS, VimpelCom, MegaFon and Rostelecom - as expected. It also announced roll-out requirements with all licence winners required to begin to offer LTE services by June 1 2013 and cover all Russian regions by 2019, with services accessible in all communities with populations of more than 50,000. Each operator must invest a minimum of RUB15bn (US$457mn) annually until the construction of a federal LTE network is completed. This will be a major catalyst of mobile data service development across Russia's regions in the medium term.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Iraq Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Sweden Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Italy Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)