Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/25/2012 -- “Rx-to-OTC Switching Strategies - New Switching Opportunities in Weight Management and Smoking Cessation, but Encouraging the Uptake of Self-Medication Remains a Challenge” examines the key issues influencing the global OTC market and assesses why companies switch Rx drugs to OTC, their business strategies and the potential challenges and opportunities this creates. It provides an analysis of the global OTC market and forecasts broken down by geography and therapy areas. It discusses the national and international factors which impact the OTC market and companies operating in the OTC market. The report reviews the regulatory landscape in the US, Europe and Japan and highlights recent changes in regulatory procedures and guidelines. Therapy profiles provide a detailed analysis of the leading OTC drug classes and Company profiles provide a detailed analysis of the leading OTC companies. Finally the report discusses the challenges and future opportunities in the OTC market, business strategies and future outlook.
Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are available on the market without prescription and are widely used by consumers to treat minor ailments. Today there are over 300,000 OTC medicines and ingredients available for purchase to treat a broad range of conditions including high cholesterol, weight management, skin disorders and respiratory infections. OTC medicines are strictly regulated and a number of regulatory processes have now been established to enable new and approved products to be reviewed and approved in a clear and transparent manner.
Many large pharmaceutical companies have already made strategic investment in OTC medicines including J&J, GlaxoSmithKline, Reckitt Benckiser, Bayer Healthcare, Novartis, Sanofi, Pfizer, Merck & Co. and Proctor & Gamble, and whilst their business strategies vary, their success has been based on a combination of careful product selection and positioning, optimal distribution and aggressive marketing. The market will continue to be driven by a number of external factors, including the growing and ageing population, emerging consumers, consumer empowerment and education, unmet medical need, healthcare reform and governmental support, as well as companies actively managing their patent exposure, optimizing PLM and maximizing their advertising and marketing opportunities.
- Data and analysis on the Rx-to-OTC switch market in the top seven countries which includes the US, the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Japan,
- Market Data on geographical landscape including country wise revenues, market size and market share.
- Key drivers and restraints that have created significant impact on the market.
- Regulatory landscape including the product approval process and overview of regulatory authorities in the top seven countries.
- Competitive landscape of the Rx-to OTC Switch market, including top companies profiles. The key companies studied in this report are Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer Healthcare, Reckitt Benckiser, Procter & Gamble, Sanofi, Merck and Pfizer.
Reasons to buy
The report will aid business development and marketing executives strategizing their product launches -
- Build effective strategies to launch their products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might probably fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
For further information visithttp://www.reportreserve.com/report/rx-to-otc-switching-strategies-new-switching-opportunities-in-weight-management-and-smoking-cessation-but-encouraging-the-uptake-of-self-medication-remains-a-challenge-report-536252