MakersKit utilizes the best of technology and social media to enhance traditional retail sales with their unique experience-based project kits
San Francisco, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/19/2014 -- MakersKit, a startup providing unique project experience kits, and Macy’s have partnered to create a pop-up shopping installation blending technology, social media, and special events for Macy’s Annual Flower Show at all Flagship Macy’s Stores, Sunday March 23-Sunday, April 6, 2014. MakersKit will offer a new line of products made exclusively for Macy’s Flower Show including a Wildflower Terrarium MakersKit, Mason Herb Garden MakersKit, and the Air Plant Terrarium MakersKit. Each kit contains everything needed to complete one unique experience, and includes online links to fun and easy step-by-step video guides.
Founded a year ago, MakersKit has quickly gained success and media attention for its creative products and retail methods.
“There is often a disconnect between the tech world and traditional retail, but MakersKit’s partnership with Macy’s is bridging this gap,” said MakersKit founder Mike Stone. “MakersKit is quick to respond to the market by testing ideas and listening to customer feedback, keeping what works and eliminating what doesn’t. We answer every email, tweet and instagram message, but more importantly, we listen and make changes to exceed customer requests and expectations.”
MakersKit displays at Macy’s Flower Show include:
- Touch-screen monitors beside each MakersKit product display, featuring interactive videos and social media contests that offer customers instant, real-time and real-life rewards and prizes.
- Product-specific QR codes on each package leading to a clean mobile- responsive link to a 10-20 second video preview and photo of the product.
- Google Googles App for iOS and Android offer product details, videos and offers simply by taking a picture of any MakersKit product. Google Googles icons will be featured directly on all MakersKit Limited Edition Products made exclusively for Macy’s.
- Live MakersKit workshops will be held inside Macy’s Union Square starting Thursday, March 20th and streamed live on YouTube.
- #MAKERSKIT will connect live in-store events with online customers and fans.
MakersKit was founded in San Francisco in 2013 by expert makers Mike Stone and Jawn McQuade, co-authors of the best-selling book, “The Maker Boys, Cheap + Easy DIY Projects.” Each MakersKit includes everything needed to complete one unique do-it-yourself project and features links to step-by-step video tutorials. MakersKits has partnered with the best companies in both tech and retail including Google and YouTube, and retailers like TheGrommet and Fab.com.
For MakersKit media materials, images and contacts, please visit our online press kit at: makerskit.com/pages/presskit.
Macy’s, the largest retail brand of Macy’s, Inc., delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms. Macy's flagship stores - including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California - are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors.
For Macy’s media materials, images and contacts, please visit our online pressroom at www.macys.com/pressroom