Fast Market Research recommends "Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/04/2014 -- A fter a challenging 2013, which we estimate saw a contraction in sales for all three segments of the Saudi market, the market is expected to recover from 2014. There are however continued drags on growth including the security situation in Iraq and Syria, as well as the government's policy to reduce Saudi Arabia's reliance on foreign workers . This is having a negative impact on the sales of mobil e handsets in the kingdom, with local retailers reporting that their sales have nearly halved as a result. Vendors can still target growth areas, for instance LTE smartphones, tablets, hybrid notebooks and next-generation TV sets using 4K or OLED technology - which we expect to begin to make an impact in 2014 as sales are boosted by the FIFA World Cup tournament in Brazil.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD2.5bn in 2014 to USD2.9bn by 2018. The desktop and notebook market is forecast to stabilise in 2014 after decline in 2012 and 2013, before recovering in the latter years of our forecast through increased hybrid notebook volumes.
- AV Sales: USD1.8bn in 2014 to USD2.2bn in 2018. The latest flat-screen TVs and home cinema systems will boost sales in 2014 as consumers are pushed to upgrade by the FIFA World Cup.
- Han dset Sales: USD6.7bn in 2014 to USD6.8bn by 2018. Handsets will be the underperforming market segment to 2018 as a result of the saturation of the overall handset and smartphone markets, combined with price erosion in the smartphone segment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil is expected to provide a boost to the AV segment in Saudi Arabia. We believe widescreen internet-enabled TV sets and multifunction set-top boxes will perform strongly during this demand cycle as consumers look to benefit from new features that support enhanced viewing experience. Some of the key features that consumers would be keen to use include ultra-high definition (UHD) pictures,...
The Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Saudi Arabia.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Saudi Arabia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Saudi consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Saudi Arabia through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
Business Environment Rankings
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- India Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014
- Russia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2014