New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/28/2014 -- The Saudi Arabian IT market is set to remain the biggest in the Gulf region over the medium term with continued support from government policy and the dynamic of enterprise modernisation. Clearly defined ICT policies, helped by the country's relative political stability, aim to increase the sector's contribution to overall economic growth. Meanwhile, high income levels in Saudi Arabia are a boon to premium vendors such as Apple, as well as reducing consumers' appetite for counterfeit products, with well-developed formal distribution channels making it easier for vendors to reach customers. There is however downside to an otherwise positive outlook due to the deteriorating security situation in Iraq and Syria as well as the effects of'saudisation' which is expected to be a drag on consumer spending.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: SAR10.3bn in 2013 to SAR10.6bn in 2014, +2.6% in local currency terms. Desktop and notebook volumes are expected to stabilise in 2014, while the continued growth of the tablet market will see total value growth accelerate from 2013.
Software Sales: SAR3.6bn in 2013 to SAR3.9n in 2014, +7.4% in local currency terms. The withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP will increase OS spending in enterprises, while wider enterprise software adoption will continue to deepen among SMEs.
IT Services Sales: SAR5.0bn in 2013 to SAR5.3bn in 2014, +5.6% in local currency terms. Adoption of cloud computing services will be the fastest area of growth, but smart infrastructure deployment is also an emerging growth area.
Key Trends And Developments
- The Saudi hardware market contracted in 2013 as desktop and notebook volumes declined sharply; however, there remains growth potential over the medium term to attract vendor interest. For instance, Taiwanese vendor Acer is targeting double digit growth in 2014 through its range of tablets and hybrid notebooks. Meanwhile global tablet market leader Apple was...
The Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Saudi Arabia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Saudi IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Saudi Arabia's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Saudi Arabia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- United States Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Canada Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Russia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Poland Information Technology Report Q3 2014