Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/19/2014 -- Increasing investment from both the public and private sectors in the Saudi Arabian healthcare industry will improve standards of care and increase access to medicines, as well as mak e the country a more attractive destination for medical touris ms . More stringent pharmaceutical regulatory policies and increasing local production will benefit multinational drugmakers' long - term development in the country.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: SAR22.70bn (USD6.06bn) in 2013 to SAR24.79bn (USD6.62bn) in 2014; +9.2% in both local currency and US dollar terms. Forecast revised downwards due to macroeconomic forecast changes.
- Healthcare: SAR94.20bn (USD25.15bn) in 2013 to SAR102.58bn (USD27.39bn) in 2014; +8.9% in both local currency and US dollar terms. Forecast revised downwards due to revisions to historical figures.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In our Q314 RRR matrix, Saudi Arabia maintains its leading position of the 30 Middle East and Africa (MEA) markets in the region. Its high composite score is due to its wealth and sizeable population, which will support the longer-term development of its pharmaceutical market. Furthermore, its forecast growth rate is high due to favourable public and private healthcare investments. The government is also in the process of creating more public-private health partnerships and encouraging private health insurance uptake, which should provide momentum for drug sales. However, Saudi Arabia's commitment to intellectual property (IP) protection remains a major issue for foreign research-based pharmaceutical players.
Key Trends And Developments
- The General Authority for Food and Drug Administration's Deputy Chief Executive, Saleh Bawazir, announced that Saudi Arabia will not receive any medications not sent in refrigerated container shipments. Bawazir stated that the shipments into Saudi Arabia will be inspected for optimal temperature by authority inspectors, who will decide whether the...
The Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Saudi pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Saudi pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Saudi pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Saudi Arabia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- France Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Belgium Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014