Following the age-old proverb of “Prevention is better than Cure”, SavingMyAss presents the wise survivalist with the means to escape the perils of after-disaster situations.
Smyrna, TN -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- Calamity strikes unannounced. And when it strikes, it leaves the survivors scattered, homeless and helpless--forcing them to suffice for themselves with literally no resources. A group of people, called preppers or survivalist, believe such conditions can be prevented by proper planning.
SavingMyAss, an online survival gear company, has it all planned out for the wannabe preppers. They have an important distinction that few other sources can match—nearly 30,000 preparedness, outdoor, hunting, fishing, camping, and tactical gear supplies. Despite the large product offering, they have also “made it easy” for the average person and family. They have compiled a “Top 10 List” of the absolute essentials. Those essentials can be obtained either individually, or more quickly and easily with pre-packed bug out bags (prepper or survival kits).
Without disaster preparedness, many of the victims get panicked with their inability to provide for themselves and their families. As Blake Eccles, manager of SavingMyAss informed us, “We need these basic supplies in our homes, at work, and always in our vehicles while traveling. Things like easy no-cook meals, personal water filters, flashlights, blankets and cell phone chargers are really essential. These would not only come in handy during a temporary power outage – but in an extended weather-related disaster or other emergency, they would definitely be real life-savers.”
Emergencies can take many unexpected forms. Unfortunately, given the rise in lock-downs at schools and colleges these days, taking precautions for our children's’ safety at school also provides respite to anxious parents at home. Survival gear has repeatedly been proven necessary these days. We see this not only in the European nations, but also in America as cases of civil unrest or even riots occur more often.
Mr. Eccles continued, “Beyond the basics such as food and water purifiers, SavingMyAss also offers the more unusual and hard to find products. We have those items which many people may not have considered. Products ranging from radiation defense to bulletproof vest selections with related tactical gear and clothing. There is even special protective clothing for our children such as bulletproof nylon jackets and backpacks with inserts.”
Other emergencies in the recent past have included the frightening nuclear accidents throughout the world. The U.S. Energy Information Administration states that there are 6 commercially active Nuclear Power Plants with 100 Nuclear Reactors in 31 states of the USA. With nuclear emergencies becoming more common through the years (such as the crisis most recently in Fukushima, Japan), having all the essentials plus a pocket-sized dosimeter or geiger counter is a wise precaution.
In their survival store, the preparedness theme of SavingMyAss is clearly stated, “It Wasn’t Raining When Noah Built the Ark.” They have published a handy guide, entitled: “Preppers Survival Alert! Top 10 Gadgets, Gizmos and Stuff for Bug Out Bags”
Those “Top 10” are linked directly on their website for easy viewing:
1. Solar Powered Phones / Device Chargers: Chargeable up to 500 times, this comes in handy at times when battery dies out.
2. Two-way Radio with Weather/Hazard Alerts: Can be used for child abduction emergency, nuclear power plant warning, fire alerts, etc.
3. Pocket Geiger Counter: Radiation detector Type 4 for iOS, this has a radiation meter and works without batteries.
4. Gerber Legend 12-in-One-Multi Tool: Pocket-folding toolkit, which weighs not more than 2 pounds and can be carried on the belt.
5. Swedish 12,000 Strike Fire Starter with Emergency Whistle: Fire starter to light up a flame at any time, this has a bright spark which can be used to signal SOS.
6. Fuel Disc (24 Units): These are fuel sources needed to start a fire, be it for camps or stoves. These discs can be stored for a long period of time.
7. Katadyn “MyBottle” Water Purifier: A personal water filter, it can carry up to 100 liters of water and is extremely lightweight.
8. Lightweight 4-Person Tent: This comes in handy if it rains suddenly or the zipper tent gives problems. It is a 2-pole freestanding dome with 2 doors.
9. Serving Grab n’ Go Bucket: Ready-made food packed in nitrogen-packed mylar pouches; this contains 2 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks.
10. 4-Person, 72-Hour Survival Kit: This ultimate preparedness solution has all of the essential prepper gear already conveniently pre-packed in a bug out bag. These easy and quick solutions are available in hundreds of styles and sizes.
SavingMyAss has their 30,000 products arranged into 12 broad categories for easy navigation (in addition to the advanced search feature):
- Apparel and Body Armor
- Emergency Food and Gear
- Fire and Light
- First Aid and Health
- Fishing and Boating
- Optics and Instruments
- Outdoors and Camping
- Power and Electronics
- Pure Water and Air
- Radiation Defense
- Survival and Tactical.
Every person on this planet has basic needs which must be met each day. However, those needs dramatically increase in times of emergency or unexpected trouble. Thinking and planning ahead is always wise and the key to staying alive. Having the right resources and survival supplies to face difficult situations will result in having the upper-hand when dealing with threatening conditions.
As Mr Eccles explained, “Now, being ready for the unexpected can be easier. There is a common, but mistaken notion that obtaining even the most basic survival gear items could be expensive or hard to accomplish. SavingMyAss has the motto of ‘The Cheapest Prices for Your Priceless Family’ and we mean it. Our customers have declared that our discounted prices are a real blessing! It is our hope that everyone can be prepared when disaster strikes. Being in survival mode is hard enough for us all—so hopefully, our “Top 10 List” will make it a bit easier to get started. If we do nothing else but get people to slow down and think about these things, and then take action to protect themselves and their loved ones—we have met our most important goal!”
More information on the ‘Preppers Survival Alert: Top 10 Gadgets, Gizmos & Stuff for Bug Out Bags’ can be viewed at http://www.savingmyass.com/.
SavingMyAss is a USA based, independent online survival gear store featuring 12 categories of the most essential survival supplies for preppers (those who practice disaster preparedness). It aims to offer the broadest range of survival equipment possible at the most discounted prices possible. Their stated mission is to alert the unaware of the many perils which can be averted by simply planning ahead, and then taking wise action for the protection of themselves and their families.
Media Contact: Blake Eccles
Position: Senior Manager, Customer Service
E-Mail Id – email@example.com
Contact Number: 1-844-728-3277