New app allows users to explore, plan trips in North Korea from comfort of own home
Gouarec, France -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/19/2014 -- Largely off limits to foreign journalists, North Korea has for long been a mystery wrapped in an enigma. But now, for the first time, the North Korea Travel app allows users to explore the world’s most secretive nation from the comfort of their own home.
A must for anyone interested in North Korea, the app provides access to thousands of neverbeforeseen photos, comprehensive information, and expert perspectives on North Korean daily life, history and culture.
In addition, a tour guide with over 10 years' experience of North Korea has provided insider tips on every single location in the app, all of which have been GPS mapped by the world’s leading DPRK satellite imagery expert.
Whether users have no intention to ever visit North Korea or are actively planning a trip there, this 100% unofficial app is a great way of seeing just how much of the world’s most secretive nation is now open to foreigners.
Combining the most comprehensive guide to North Korea ever written with a unique tour building and
price comparison function, the app offers:
- Exclusive "Tour Guide Tips" that give you insider information on every single location you can visit in North Korea. From where to find the best food to secret markets, the app shows how much of the country is open for business, including corners previously thought to be strictly off limits to foreigners
- Itinerary building functionality allows you to "Favorite" places in the app to build a custom tour and then get competitive quotes with a single click
- GPS map information lets you see what's nearby each place, presented for the first time ever by leading North Korea maps expert Curtis Melvin
- A phrasebook and dictionary
- History, society and culture guides written by experts
The North Korea Travel App is available worldwide in the iTunes and GooglePlay Store.
North Korea Travel has been developed by British based travel technology startup Uniquely Travel in conjunction with Magora Systems – a Russia-based software boutique agency.