Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Seeds Market By Type (Oilseed, Grain, Fruit & Vegetable, Turf, Forage & Other Seeds), Seed Trait (Herbicide Tolerant, Insecticide Resistant, And Other Stacked Traits) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/20/2013 -- This report estimates the market size of the global seeds in terms of revenue. The global seeds market is projected to reach $85,237.6 million by 2018, due to increasing worldwide demand for food at CAGR of 12.1% from 2013 to 2018. Global seeds market drivers, restraints &; challenges, winning imperatives, burning issues, and trends are discussed in detail in this report. Significant players of this market such as Monsanto (U.S.), DuPont (U.S.), Syngenta (Switzerland), Dow AgroSciences (U.S), etc. are profiled in the report
In terms of regions, the report is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of the World (ROW). This market is segmented for key countries of these five main regions. North America is the largest seeds market. Around 81.8% revenue in North America is expected to be generated by U.S. in 2018. With Brazil leading the Latin American seed market, it is the forecasted to be the fastest growing region. China and France are the largest markets in Asia-Pacific and Europe respectively.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global seeds market includes oilseed crops such as soybean, sunflower, canola, cotton and grain crop such as wheat, rice, corn, and millet. Fruit & vegetable market includes tomato, lettuce, onion, pepper, carrot, melon, brassica and other seeds segment include alfalfa, turf, clover & forage. Soybean dominates the global oilseed seeds market while corn in grain seed market. Soybean and corn crops are growing at the same CAGR of 12.5% from 2013 to 2018. Tomatoes are growing at the fastest CAGR in vegetable market during the forecast period. North America is the chief producer of corn and other seeds. Latin America is the second largest producer of soybean after North America. Asia-Pacific is the leading market for rice and cotton and ROW for sorghum. The maximum production of wheat, canola, fruits & vegetables, and sunflower is found in Europe.
SEEDS MARKET REVENUE, BY GEOGRAPHY, 2011 - 2018 ($MILLION)
Source: Expert Interviews, Government Publication, Company Press Release, Company Annual Report, MarketsandMarkets Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oilseed & Grain Seed Market By Crop Type [Oilseed (Soybean, Canola, Sunflower, Cotton), Grain Seed (Corn, Wheat, Rice, Sorghum)], By Trait (Herbicide Tolerant, Insecticide Resistant, Other Staked Trait) & Geography: Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Seed Treatment Market - Global Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- Europe Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), By Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control And Others) And By Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds And Others): Trends, Forecasts And Technical Insights Up To 2018
- North America Seed Treatment Market by Type (chemical & non-chemical), by Application (fungicide, insecticide, bio-control and others) and by Crop (cereals, oilseeds and others): Trends, Forecasts and Technical Insights up to 2018
- Asia-Pacific - Seed Treatment Market By Type (Chemical & Non-Chemical), Application (Fungicide, Insecticide, Bio-Control & Others) & Crop (Cereals, Oilseeds & Others) - Trends, Forecasts & Technical Insights up to 2018
- Biostimulants Market by Active Ingredients (Humic Acid, Fulvic Acid, Amino Acid, Seaweed Extracts), Applications (Foliar, Soil & Seed), Crop Types (Row Crops, Fruit & Vegetable, Turf & Ornamental) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market: Global Trends and Forecast To 2018
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Solar Encapsulation Market by Materials (EVA, PVB, PDMS, Ionomer, TPU, Polyolefin), Technology (Single/Poly-crystalline Silicon, Thin-film (CDTE, CIGS, a-Si), Applications (Construction, Electronics, Automotive): Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018