Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/24/2012 -- The Fourth Generation (4G) of cellular communications based on the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard promises much great network capacity. This greater supply of bandwidth will stimulate the development, implementation and operation of many new applications, each with very unique quality of service, bandwidth, and performance needs. It will be a much more complex network and this will facilitate a need for improved operations and OSS. A key driver for improving OSS for 4G systems, the so called Self Organizing Network (SON) has been introduced as part of the 3GPP LTE network framework. SON is expected to be deployed over time and ultimately have a dramatically positive effect on network operations and OSS.
This research evaluates SON capabilities, vendors, and solutions. It analyzes the function of SON relative to LTE and evaluates the benefits of deployment and operation.
The report also discusses the future of SON beyond 4G. This research includes a forecast for overall OSS/BSS revenue from 2011 through 2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Note: This report includes 30 minutes of Analyst time (over the phone and via emails).
Additional time is available as per the below schedule:
- 30 minutes: $150 USD
- 60 minutes: $250 USD
- Additional time is negotiable
- Mobile network operators
- Wireless infrastructure providers
- OSS/BSS vendors and service providers
- LTE application developers and service integrators
- Managed service providers and service bureau organizations
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Self Organizing Networks (SON): Challenges and Market Opportunities for LTE and Beyond
- Network Operator Monetization Strategies: Leveraging New Sources of Revenue
- Next Generation Network (NGN) Solutions and Market Opportunities
- Tekelec: LTE Drives Opportunities in Diameter, Policy and Subscriber Management
- LightSquared's LTE project: challenges and opportunities
- LTE Operator Strategies: Key Drivers, Deployment Strategies, CAPEX, OPEX, Price Plans, ARPUs and Service Revenues 2012 - 2016
- Public Safety LTE: A Global Assessment of Market Size, Technology, Vendor Trends and Spectrum Allocation 2012 - 2016
- SON, a critical enabler for future wireless networks
- LTE Solutions and Market Opportunities