New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2013 -- We project Serbian consumer electronics spending will grow by about 7% in US dollar terms in 2013 to US$1.2bn. Serbia is one of the least developed consumer electronics markets in Central and Eastern Europe. With penetration of many consumer electronics devices being lower than in many regional peer countries. PC household penetration, despite more than doubling over the previous five years, remains at below 30%, while smartphone penetration of around 15%, is below the European average, and could more than double over the next two years. Stubbornly high unemployment will constrain household spending in the short term, while elevated inflation will impinge on real purchasing power. However, economic growth, rising disposable incomes and the development of organised retail infrastructure are forecast to drive longer-term growth. Sales of flat-screen TV sets and feature-rich notebook computers will continue to benefit from falling prices and more aggressive vendor and distributor promotion. Smartphones provided a bright spot for retailers in 2012, accounting for around 50% of sales on leading networks in Q412.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Computer Hardware Sales: US$445mn in 2012 to US$493mn in 2013; +11% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged but tablet sales should provide a growth area as prices fall.
- AV Sales: US$397mn in 2012 to US$408mn in 2013; +3% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms Downwardly revised due to analyst adjustment. Flat-screen TV sets will be the main growth driver as Serbia continues its steady migration to digital broadcasting.
- Handset Sales: US$268mn in 2012 to US$284mn in 2013; +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with smartphone penetration rising rapidly from levels.
Serbia's score was 36.1 out of 100.0, which gave it an unchanged seventh place in our latest Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR) table. BMI expects Serbia to climb up our RRR rankings over time due to the growth potential of its market, particularly given low but rising PC penetration.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Mexico Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013