Recently published research from Verdict Research, "Service Station Retailing in Spain 2011", is now available at Fast Market Research
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/04/2012 -- Based on Verdict's proprietary market data and insight into key fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the fuel retailing market in Spain. In addition to outlining service station numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, and fuel and site forecasts, it also details retailers' c-store, car wash, and unmanned site numbers with an overview of their product offerings.
Scope of this Report
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash, and card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Spain.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers' networks, market shares, fuel throughputs, and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes, and average prices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The total number of service stations in Spain continued its steady incline in 2010, rising by 5.3% to 10,238 sites. Total fuel consumption fell by 1.7% over 2009, thereby continuing the downward trend. Petrol sales declined by 5.6%, whereas diesel sales held steady.
The top five fuel retailers in Spain account for 80.7% of fuel volumes sold across all service stations in the country. Repsol has the largest retail network and accounts for 35% of all sites as well as the highest fuel volume share. Cepsa and BP follow Repsol in second and third positions respectively in terms of market share.
Over 80% of service stations in Spain feature a shop. The total number of service station shops in Spain rose by 5.6% in 2010, marking the fastest increase since 2008. Shell added 18 shops to its network, boosting the number of sites with a shop by 4.8%. Just over half of all service stations in Spain feature a car wash.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Who are the top five players in the Spanish service station retail market and how many sites, shops, and car washes do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Spain?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets, as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Service Station Retailing in Portugal 2011
- Service Station Retailing in the UK 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Lithuania 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Ireland 2011
- Unmanned Service Station Retailing in Europe: Market Size, Retailer Strategies and Competitor Performance
- Service Station Retailing in Slovenia 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Slovakia 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Romania 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Hungary 2011
- Service Station Retailing in Sweden 2011