Delhi City, India -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/10/2013 -- BigFoot Retail Solutions Pvt. Ltd., has publicly launched ShipRocket – a service that aggregates multiple courier companies and automates the entire shipping process for ecommerce retailers.
Shiprocket: Ecommerce Shipping simplified.
No matter where you sell, Shiprocket can help with all your ecommerce shipping needs. Automatic order import, widest pin code coverage, COD shipping simplified, real time way bill generation, shipping label printing for leading courier companies, order fulfillment, customer notifications & more!
ShipRocket has integrations with FedEx, Bluedart, Aramex, Delhivery and Firstflight for domestic shipments and FedEx and DHL for international shipments. ShipRocket creates a courier exchange where etailers can instantly get access to pre-negotiated shipping rates and ready integrations to each courier company outlined above. The shipping panel is simple to use and automatically generates waybill numbers, shipping labels and allows a one-click pick-up generation mechanism. Order statuses change automatically through the shipping lifecycle with relevant emails and SMSes being triggered to end customers. Both COD and Prepaid payment mechanisms are supported. On an aggregate level, ShipRocket provides delivery services to over 15000 pin codes and cash collection from over 9000 pin codes – making it the only such service in India. Since ShipRocket aggregates shipping demand from merchants, it can help save merchants up to 40% of their shipping bill and greatly improve and automate the post-order-receipt process, leading to additional operational cost savings. The service is priced at Rs. 8000 a quarter, so a merchant who ships even one order a day, recovers the low quarterly rental cost.
ShipRocket can be integrated with an etailer’s existing ecommerce order channels. With ready integrations with eBay and Amazon, open web-based APIs for data exchange, bulk order import and manual order entry, ShipRocket can be virtually plugged into any available platform in the Indian market.
ShipRocket has been traditionally bundled as a solution with the company’s flagship product KartRocket. Under this bundling, ShipRocket is helping more than 400 e-tailers ship their products worldwide. ShipRocket is also a trusted partner with Amazon.in and is an empanelled shipping provider helping all FBM (fulfilment by merchant) merchants’ ship their orders through a single panel and sync the order details back with Amazon automatically.
In its pilot launch a few months back, ShipRocket has attracted some prominent ecommerce players in the market such as tjori.com, hitplay.in, sportxsindia.com, elitify.com, fizzygoblet.com, couturemasala.com
For any successful ecommerce venture, accuracy and cost efficiency of logistics can make or break the bottom like. High shipping costs, non-availability of COD, delivery lags, tracking failure are some of the issues which most e-tailers face on a day to day basis. This issue gets compounded with manual operations and in dealing with multiple courier partners.
“Shiprocket is not only a smart solution but also very economical for big for small scale retailers” says Gautam Kapoor, COO of KartRocket. Apart from the most obvious benefits of low shipping rates, the automation of a generally cumbersome shipping process helps merchants gain peace of mind when it comes to shipping their orders.
- No minimum commitment on number of shipments or billing: helps merchants save on every order they fulfill and helps increase the bottom line.
- Integrations: ShipRocket is pre-integrated with leading domestic and international courier companies. The system automatically checks the PIN code for the shipment and displays courier providers available. Waybill numbers are instantly assigned and a shipping and COD label in the right format is available for printing. The merchant simply has to choose the courier company, print a label, stick it on their box and then generate a pickup. The rest is all automated.
- COD collection: through its logistics partners ShipRocket collects COD from several providers consolidate all of them together and reimburse the same to the client. The same can prove to be challenging for a small to medium sized e-tailer.
Approximate cost of Shipping: ShipRocket charges a very basic quarterly recurring platform rent and discounted shipping rates. So, for example you are shipping a 500gms order from Mumbai to Delhi, the cost will be approximately Rs. 28 (base shipping rate) + Rs. 14 (fuel Surcharge) + Service tax Rs. 5, so in approximately Rs. 48 one can ship a 500gms order between Indian metros.
Benefits of Shipping with different courier partners at once: ShipRocket empanels 5 domestic courier company and 2 international courier company. Under the Domestic format we have FEDEX, BLUEDART, Aramex, FirstFlight and Delhivery, and also very soon we would be launching Quantium solutions and RedExpress.
Kbshonline.com: a leading ethnicwear brand in India.
Karol Bagh Saree House uses ShipRocket to ship their sarees and Indian ethnicwear across the world for orders sourced on their website as well as from other channels.
Amazon.in: world’s largest ecommerce marketplace
ShipRocket is a trusted partner with Amazon.in and is an empanelled shipping provider helping all FBM (fulfilment by merchant) merchants’ ship their orders through a single panel and sync the order details back with Amazon automatically.
www.fizzygoblet.com: a pure-play online retailer on a third party shopping cart
Laksheeta owns fizzygoblet.com which runs on Shopify.in. She is selling handcrafted footwear and uses ShipRocket services to ship her all her orders.
Some Facts about ShipRocket:
1. Launched as a bundled solution with Kartrocket in August 2013, beta in October 2013 and public launch in December 2013.
2. Total Orders moved on the platform are over 40,000 with 8,000 orders shipped in November alone.
3. 15000 prepaid pin codes and 9000 cod pin codes are supported.
4. Platform is priced at Rs. 8000 a quarter.
5. Approximate saving on freight costs: 40%
6. Number of shipments needed for a merchant to break-even on the cost of 8000: At 25 orders a month, the savings in the service pay for itself. So anyone who gets even 1 order a day, benefits in direct cost savings as well as operational cost savings.
7. So far, 49% orders are COD and 51% are through prepaid channels.
8. Top pickup cities in order: Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad
9. So far, ShipRocket has saved etailers in excess of Rs. 27 lacs!
ShipRocket (http://www.shiprocket.co) provides a simple to use ecommerce shipping platform for Indian ecommerce retailers. With ShipRocket, e-tailers can continue to use existing channels for receiving orders and fulfil them using the service from one panel. ShipRocket aims to simplify ecommerce shipping for Indian etailers by being a one-stop shipping solution. The ShipRocket product is owned by BigFoot Retail Solutions, a privately held company based in New Delhi, India and founded by Saahil Goel, Gautam Kapoor and Vishesh Khurana. BigFoot Retail Solutions recently raised seed investment from 5ideas Startup Superfuel, 500 Startups and Jatin Aneja in July 2013.
Media Contact :
11A Saidulajab, Lane 3,
Saket, New Delhi - 110030
Company Name: KartRocket.com
Contact Number: +91-9015644441