ChipStore Pi Shield promises to be the world’s first multipurpose GPIO expansion board that can bring any idea to life. It is compatible with boards like Raspberry Pi. The funding requirement for this project is $30,000.
Huntington, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/26/2015 -- An eCommerce store specializing in hobby electronics, DIY electronics and robotic, ChipStore is all set to introduce their new development called Pi Shield. Company sources reveal that Pi Shield is a plug-in module designed to enable technical and non-technical users to kick-start ideas and turn them into reality. The device will allow seamless connection with multiple devices/sensors that interface with GPIOs enabling the user to quickly bring innovative ideas into reality.
At present, most of the ARM computer boards with GPIO header pins are compatible with 3.3V logic levels. As a result, the ARM computer boards can get damaged when connected directly to 5V levels. Pi Shield reduces the risk of board damage because of over voltage by regulating the logic voltage. ChipStore Pi Shield is compatible with multiple brands development boards like Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, Odroid, Orange Pi, etc. It comes with output connectors that can be directly connected to sensors, relays, LEDs, a dedicated port for 3.3v I²C interface (two wire interface) sensors, an integrated stepper motor shield (support for 2 motors) and a 40-pin header to stack other device shields.
Some of the most important features of ChipStore Pi Shield are
- Regulates logic voltage which allows the user to connect sensors/devices directly to the shield's header input/outputs to get the expected result.
- Compact and simple design with no need for ribbon cables, wires, additional ICs, and breadboard when connected via Pi shield IO pins.
- Directly fits over 40 pin GPIO socket on the main board.
- Practical use in large-scale projects.
- Protects ARM boards with risk of over voltage damage
- Compatible with existing code and software libraries.
- Output headers placed at convenient border position for easy access.
- Comes with an extra 40-pin header to stack other devices on top of the ChipStore Pi Shield, e.g. Audio shield, LCD screen
ChipStore has started an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for this project. Their funding budget is $30,000, and this amount will be spent to
- scale up the production
- Manufacture ChipStore Pi Shield in larger quantities to reduce costs.
- Get through the technical compliance certifications such as CE, FCC and RoHS.
To find out more about this campaign, please visit http://bit.ly/1N63aXZ
ChipStore is an ecommerce store specializing in hobby electronics, DIY electronics and robotics. All products they offer are of high quality enabling them to provide the best service and value to customers. With a range of electronics products, they hope to empower learning to all ages of learners and help them bring their innovative ideas to life. There warehouse is located in New York area.
Official eCommerce website: https://chipstore.us