Simon Law Group

Simon Law Group Helps Residents Navigate the Differences Between Levels of Charges


Somerville, NJ -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/01/2017 -- Residents who have or who know someone who has been charged with a disorderly person's offense or indictment, but does not understand what this classification means for themselves and their future are encouraged to check out Simon Law Group's latest blog entry. This esteemed law firm explains the difference between these two levels of charges.

Simon Law Group, well-known in the area for providing the services of DUI lawyers in Raritan, is well-versed in more consequential criminal law and can potentially help people have their charges mitigated or even downgraded.

For those managing a charge, the first thing they need to do is understand the level of severity of their accused crime. A disorderly person's offense is a less serious charge than an indictment. Some common disorderly person's offenses include things like shoplifting, obstruction of justice or simple assault.

While indictments are heard by a grand jury and have a formal trial if they are found to have a basis, disorderly person's offenses will be heard only by a judge, who will also act as the jury. An indictment, on the other hand, is a more serious charge that will require the assistance of a lawyer to navigate fully.

Working with an experienced lawyer is the best way to potentially downgrade or have charges dismissed. Residents who are in need of a disorderly person's or DUI lawyer in the Bridgewater area are encouraged to contact the Simon Law Group as soon as possible by calling 855-370-5359 or visiting online at

About Simon Law Group
Simon Law Group, an esteemed law firm serving clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania, offers comprehensive representation for people dealing with legal matters pertaining to criminal both indictable and disorderly persons, DUI, DWI, and severe traffic matters.

For more information, interested parties are encouraged to visit Simon Law Group online at or call 855-370-5359.