New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2015 -- Singapore has one of the highest levels of food consumption in the region, which effectively eliminates the possibility of substantial industry growth in the short or medium term. This is illustrated by our modest sales growth forecasts for a majority of sub-sectors to 2018. Nonetheless, we believe that the Singaporean alcoholic drinks market has not reached a saturation point yet and holds significant growth potential over our forecast period.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- Total food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +1.9%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +2.1%
- Per capita food consumption growth (y-o-y) in 2014: -0.1%; CAGR to 2018: +0.3%
- Alcoholic drinks sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +5.8%; CAGR: 6.5%
- Soft drink sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +3.2%; CAGR to 2018: +2.6%
- Total mass grocery retail sales growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +2.7%; CAGR to 2018: +2.9%
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Latest Industry Trends & Developments
Olam Reports Modest Fall In Q1 Revenue And Profit : Singapore-based food ingredients processor Olam International reported in November 2014 a 2.9% y-o-y decrease in its first quarter net profit to SGD44.4mn, from overall revenue that fell by 0.5% y-o-y in the same period. The company stated that the seasonal nature of its business means that the first quarter tends to be a modest contributor to the full financial year.
Fraser & Neave Loses Out To Myanma r Economic Holdings : On 31 October 2014, Fraser & Neave (F&N) reported on the outcome of the arbitration tribunal ruling on Myanma r Economic Holdings' (MEHL) attempt to compel F&N to sell its 55% stake in Myanmar Brewery Limited for SGD313mn (USD246mn). The tribunal concluded that MEHL's valuation did not represent fair value for F&N's stake in Myanmar Brewery and that an independent valuation should be undertaken to determine the price at which the sale should go ahead. Whilst the company feel vindicated that the MEHL valuation fell...
The Singapore Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Singapore Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Singapore.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Singapore to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Singaporean food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Singapore through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q1 2015