New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Singapore Telecommunications Report Q4 2012"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/15/2012 -- BMI View: Singapore's telecommunications industry has outperformed many of its regional peers with strong adoption of the latest products and services. Partially due to the country's small landmass and population size, the telecoms market has rapidly grown to a stage where it is approaching saturation. Next generation technologies, both mobile and fixed, are therefore the next step in fostering new developments and revenue streams, and industry players - the regulator and operators - have rightly moved in that direction.
- 3G subscriber growth is showing signs of weakness in light of maturity; we have further downgraded our expectations following a poor performance in H112.
- The number of fixed-line subscribers has remained flat for three consecutive quarters, suggesting that the start of a downtrend could materialise in the near future.
- Wireless technologies remain the main growth driver for the broadband industry, although the fibre broadband market is starting to take off.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel), StarHub and M1 launched NFC-based mobile services in August 2012. StarHub unveiled its digital wallet NFC service 'SmartWallet' on August 3, while SingTel and M1 launched their NFC mobile payment service on August 22. Meanwhile, Netherlands-based digital security systems specialist Gemalto has announced that NFC services management has gone live in Singapore. The service is driven by Gemalto's Allynis Trusted Services Manager (TSM) solution, which is hosted at the firm's local TSM datacentre. The project lines up a consortium of local partners, inclusive of operators, banks and service providers.
Despite issues hindering greater service adoption, the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore reported that the number of fibre broadband subscribers reached 177,200 at the end of June 2012, up by 34.1% q-o-q.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- France Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Australia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Spain Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
- Austria Telecommunications Report Q4 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)