New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/11/2015 -- The development of the Slovenian IT market was stymied in 2012 and 2013 by the challenging economic environment - but BMI now forecasts a more robust economic recovery in Slovenia from 2014, which should put the IT market back on a faster medium term growth trajectory . Despite the major challenges faced in recent years the IT market has performed relatively well, and as confidence returns there will be opportunities for vendors. Privatisations by the government, the wider trend of modernisation of enterprises and public administration underpin our forecast for a compound annual growth rate ( CAGR ) of 3. 0 % between 2014 and 2018. Enterprise spending growth will be the strongest area of the market, especially newer technologies such as cloud computing, but we also highlight opportunities in the retail market. Tablet penetration is low, at just 13.8% in 2013, indicating significant growth potential remains in the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: EUR339mn in 2013 to EUR341mn in 2014, an increase of 0.5% in local currency terms. We made a small upgrade to our forecast for 2014 on the basis of the strengthening of the wider consumption outlook in Slovenia, with tablet demand growth expected to outperform.
Software Sales: EUR134mn in 2013 to EUR138mn in 2014, an increase of 2.8% in local currency. Enterprise software demand is subject to uncertainty given the regional economic and political climate, but the withdrawal of Microsoft support for the XP OS in April 2014 should boost spending.
IT Services Sales: EUR199mn in 2013 to EUR210mn in 2014, an increase of 5.8% in local currency terms. The IT services market will outperform in 2014, based on the demand for cost cutting products such as cloud computing and outsourcing in an environment of low enterprise confidence.
Key Trends & Developments
- The cloud computing market in Slovenia has strong medium-term growth potential as a result of...
The Slovenia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Slovenia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Slovenia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Slovenia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Slovenian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Slovenia's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Slovenia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (?000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (?000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (?000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Information Technology Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q2 2015
- Israel Information Technology Report Q2 2015
- Chile Information Technology Report Q2 2015
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q2 2015