Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/23/2014 -- There are glimmers of hope in the upstream oil and gas segment, with the Ascent -operated Peti?ovci tight gas scheme capable of improving near-term energy self-sufficiency and slowing the rate of growth in gas imports. The project is currently in the detailed permitting phase, facing unexpected slowdowns due to the lack of an established Slovenian regulatory infrastructure and new EU tendering obligations the country adopted in 2013. However, overall volumes are likely to be relatively modest, with imported Russian gas set to dominate supply for the foreseeable future. Slovenia is opposed to proposals for an Adriatic LNG terminal that is backed by Italy. This puts the country at odds with EU energy policy in the region.
The main trends and developments in Slovenia's oil and gas sector are:
- Independent explorer Ascent Resources has recorded promising results from fracture stimulation at its Peti?ovci tight gas project in Slovenia. Operations at the Pg-11A well indicate the potential for high gas productivity. By the end of 2013 they had displaced investments in Hungary, Netherlands and Italy to focus exclusively on the Slovenian project. In November 2013 key contracts were signed between the explorer and its Slovenian partners, including a new joint venture agreement, as well as a new infrastructure and service agreement. First production from Peti?ovci is expected by end-2014. The company has been particularly upbeat about the prospects of the project, with estimates of gas-in-place of as much as 17bn cubic metres (bcm). However they have recently noted that due to the lack of pre-existing Slovenian regulatory infrastructure, many of the permit requests are being processed more slowly than initially forecasted. Additional slowdowns are ascribed to new EU tendering obligations the country adopted in 2013. In February 2012, Ascent reported a 22% increase in P50 gas-in-place (GIP) volumes - to 14.3bcm - which was above the 11.7bcm previously...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Slovenia Oil & Gas Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for Slovenia including major indicators for oil, gas and LNG, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, consumption, refining capacity, prices, export volumes and values. The report includes full analysis of industry trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Slovenia Oil & Gas Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Slovenian oil and gas industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent oil and gas industry forecasts for Slovenia to test consensus views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Slovenian oil and gas market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Slovenian oil and gas sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Slovenia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering oil and gas reserves, supply, demand and refining, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Regional perspective on size and value of industry sector; comparative rankings by production, refining, imports and exports of oil, gas and LNG.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Oil and Gas Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (independents, NOCs, IOCs and oil services companies) in the upstream and downstream markets.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Oil Market Outlook and Oil Products Outlook
Based on our country coverage of over 99% of global oil and gas production and consumption, BMI provides demand, supply and price forecasts to end-2018 for oil, gas and oil products
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Halcon Resources Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Athabasca Oil Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Chinook Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Spyglass Resources Corp. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Vermilion Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- RMP Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Energen Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013
- Painted Pony Petroleum Ltd. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2013