New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Smoking Tobacco in Belgium"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- Smoking tobacco had a mixed performance in Belgium in 2013, with accelerating volume growth for RYO tobacco contrasting with the shrinking sales of pipe tobacco. Pipe smoking is popular among older consumers in Belgium, while RYO tobacco used to be the domain of a poorer consumer base. Belgium has always been more of a cigarette smoking country. However, since the economic crisis, RYO tobacco has been gaining momentum as consumers have sought cheaper alternatives to cigarettes. Consuming RYO tobacco is no longer a question of social class.
British American Tobacco led the category in 2013 with a 54% volume share. The company strengthened its position in 2013, registering strong growth in volume sales. This was mainly the result of a focus on RYO and MYO brands. In this sense, there was a clear trade-off for British American Tobacco. The company anticipated a poor year for cigarettes and so invested in its smoking tobacco brands. Since 2012, the company has launched new products (most notably additive-free brands such as Lucky Strike and MYO brands), redesigned the Ajja brand (since 2013 under the Lucky Strike brand) and pushed Pall Mall, which in 2013 became one of the top five brands in the Belgian market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Driven by the success of additive-free and volume (MYO) tobacco, smoking tobacco is set to post a positive performance over the forecast period, registering a volume CAGR of 4%. The forthcoming updated European directive on tobacco is expected to have a more significant impact on cigarettes than on smoking tobacco. However, strong criticism led by bodies such as CRIOC and Fondation Contre le Cancer could also result in stricter fiscal measures on smoking tobacco. In fact, to date, smoking tobacco has been exempt from excise duty rises and so bodies such as the above are advocating equal treatment for cigarettes and smoking tobacco so as to help drive a decline in consumption.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smoking Tobacco in the US
- Smoking Tobacco in Spain
- Smoking Tobacco in Finland
- Smoking Tobacco in Poland
- Smoking Tobacco in the Czech Republic
- Smoking Tobacco in Australia
- Smoking Tobacco in Denmark
- Smoking Tobacco in Egypt
- Smoking Tobacco in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Smoking Tobacco in Sweden