New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Smoking Tobacco in Colombia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/30/2014 -- Smoking tobacco remained by far the smallest and most underdeveloped of the three main tobacco categories in Colombia in 2013. It was dominated by pipe tobacco, with demand for RYO tobacco products remaining negligible. Due to the relatively low cost of machine-manufactured cigarettes, there is no real tradition of RYO tobacco consumption in the country. Pipe tobacco meanwhile is a niche category that primarily appeals to a small base of older male consumers. While water pipe (hookah) smoking did gain popularity among some younger Colombians during the review period, any benefit that this trend had in terms of bolstering demand for pipe tobacco products was dampened by the ban on smoking in bars and restaurants.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Swedish Match was the leading company in smoking tobacco in 2013 with a retail volume share of 19%, followed by BAT with a 16% share. Both companies import products (mainly pipe tobacco) from abroad and distribute them to retailers across Colombia.
Growth in retail volume sales of smoking tobacco over the forecast period is expected to be much slower than that recorded during the review period, as is value sales growth at constant 2013 prices. This is mainly because the category relies on a niche base of older male smokers who are not being replaced by new ones. Pipe tobacco will remain the dominant product type, with consumption of RYO tobacco expected to remain negligible due to the relatively low cost of machine-manufactured cigarettes in Colombia.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tobacco in Colombia
- Cigarettes in Colombia
- Smoking Tobacco in Switzerland
- Smoking Tobacco in Spain
- Smoking Tobacco in Morocco
- British American Tobacco Colombia in Tobacco (Colombia)
- Smoking Tobacco in Belgium
- Smoking Tobacco in France
- Smoking Tobacco in Greece
- Smoking Tobacco in Chile