Fast Market Research recommends "Smoking Tobacco in Italy" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/20/2014 -- RYO tobacco is traditionally popular among male smokers from lower-income groups. Usually, smokers choose RYO tobacco because of its taste, as well as the fact that it is perceived as more natural than cigarettes as it contains fewer chemicals. However, in recent years, the profile of RYO tobacco smokers has changed as the Italian market has seen new consumers enter, including those who have switched from cigarettes to RYO tobacco due to its lower pricing. Furthermore, some new young smokers tend to go directly to RYO tobacco due to its low price. Consumers of pipe tobacco are usually male smokers from older generations. As the habit is generally considered old-fashioned, pipe tobacco is struggling to recruit new consumers in Italy.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Philip Morris maintained its commanding lead in smoking tobacco in 2013 with a total volume share of 38%%, due to its very strong brand awareness, mostly generated by its leading brand Marlboro, its strong availability within distribution network, marketing activities and new products launches, such as the Marlboro 2013 Limited Edition Design Italy.
Retail volume and value growth rates for smoking tobacco over the forecast period are expected to be much slower than those witnessed over 2008-2013. This will be mainly due to increasing maturity, although the category will also be negatively affected by further declines in the total number of smokers in Italy. Nonetheless, smoking tobacco will continue to significantly outperform cigarettes and cigars. The positive development of the category will be sustained as more cigarette smokers make the switch to RYO tobacco, either to save money or out of the mistaken belief that the latter is somehow less harmful to health.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smoking Tobacco in Spain
- Smoking Tobacco in Switzerland
- Smoking Tobacco in Finland
- Smoking Tobacco in Egypt
- Smoking Tobacco in Morocco
- Smoking Tobacco in Portugal
- Smoking Tobacco in Belgium
- Smoking Tobacco in Colombia
- Smoking Tobacco in France
- Smoking Tobacco in Greece