New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2014 -- While traditionally smoking tobacco was a niche, targeting pipe smokers and offering RYO tobacco as a cheap format for low-income consumers, more recently RYO tobacco has experienced a very fortunate period in the UK as it has benefited from consumers trading down to cheaper alternatives due to budgetary constraints. This means that consumers are either purchasing economy cigarette brands or switching to cheaper RYO tobacco as it is the least expensive option. Cigarette manufacturers are tapping into this opportunity by launching their own lines of RYO tobacco in order to encourage smokers of their brands to remain loyal when trading down.
Smoking tobacco is a fairly concentrated category, with Imperial Tobacco Group accounting for a 38% volume share in 2013. The company's leading brand, Golden Virginia, on its own accounted for a 25% volume share. The company also offers a number of other strong brands, including Drum and Gold Leaf. The latter proved very successful in 2013, posting a volume gain of 22% as it managed to attract smokers migrating from cigarettes to RYO. Drum is a well-established brand with a long history in the UK market. However, it posted a volume decline of 10% in 2013 as it appeared to be unable to freshen up its image and attract new consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Brand loyalty from budget-conscious consumers built up during the recession is expected to contribute to sustaining sales over the forecast period. Despite modest signs of economic recovery in the UK, new consumers acquired as a result of smokers switching from cigarettes to RYO over the review period are not expected to shift back to cigarettes over the forecast period. Moreover, it is expected that consumers will take some time before returning to pre-recession habits. This should contribute to the continuing trend of consumers switching to RYO tobacco even over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in United Kingdom with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in United Kingdom, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in United Kingdom market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in United Kingdom?
- What are the major brands in United Kingdom?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tobacco in the United Kingdom
- Tobacco in the United Kingdom
- Cigarettes in the United Kingdom
- Cigars in the United Kingdom
- Tobacco Packaging in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- Tobacco in the United Arab Emirates
- Smoking Tobacco in the United Arab Emirates
- Smokeless Tobacco in the United Kingdom
- The Future of the Haircare Market in the United Kingdom to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape