Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/15/2014 -- Snacking - understanding existing trends, capitalizing on new trends and looking to counteract inhibitors in the market is a detailed insight report highlighting the most important trends and untapped opportunities in snacking markets. The increase of fragmented meal times and the need for on-the-go products in both developed and emerging economies are directly influencing consumer product choices, fundamentally changing the way that people snack. The change in consumer lifestyles including skipping meals and increased snacking on-the-go means that retailers and manufacturers need to keep up to date with salient issues that are affecting consumers' eating habits. The report identifies the key consumer groups to target and provides recommendations to capitalize on growing trends that are driving consumption.
- The Snacking market is growing substantially faster than the Meals and Meal Components markets.
- Fragmented meal times are leaving consumers more dependent on snacks for their nutritional intake, creating an opportunity for healthy snacks and meals blurring.
- Time scarcity, whether real or perceived, is rife amongst consumers who are seeking out convenient snacking items that can be consumed whilst on-the-go and in place of traditional meal time items.
- While manufacturers need to appreciate the growing health consciousness of consumers they must remember that taste and indulgence will always remain key motivators for the consumption of snacking items.
- Snack consumption varies by time of day with consumers being inherently healthier in the morning and seeking indulgent snacks that aid escapism by the afternoon.
- Retailers should be aware of the increasing popularity of saver menus from quick serve restaurants as these pose strong competition for the future of the snacking market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Snacking - understanding existing trends, capitalizing on new trends and looking to counteract inhibitors in the market highlights key consumer groups that offer both new and ongoing opportunities for development. It identifies and dispels myths surrounding health seeking and time scarcity in snacking and outlines how to effectively position differentiated products to target these needs. Important consumption motivations and changes in consumer behaviour are analysed and recommendations for manufacturers and retailers are drawn from this, identifying profitable markets and areas for innovation.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving the consumption of Snacks based on demographic profiles: Developed Economies (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and the US) and Emerging Economies (Brazil, Russia, India and China). The figures showcase how frequently consumers snack and pinpoint exactly which regions are growing.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Hot Pockets, Taco Bell, Alpen, Weetabix, Paluani, Emerald, Eat Natural, Kellogg's, McDonalds, Belvita, Ritz, Navitas, Werther's Original, Crumbs Bake Shop, Cadburys, Fruyo, Lindt, Halo Top Creamery, YooMoo, Wonderpots, Ben and Jerry's, The Fruit Factory, Oreo, Fruit Bowl, Waitrose, ips, Pringles, Kraft, Teros Syral, Tyrrells, Terepin, Bolt House Farms, Toblerone, Innocent, New Covent Garden Soup Co, Green and Blacks, Maltesers, ???Bal, Nakd, Beer Mate, Guinness, Jim Beam, Walls, Kinder, Fox's, Muller, Pom-Bears, High5, Kettle Chips, Nestle, Chio, Frito Lay, Lays, Terry's, Coca Cola, Mars, KFC, Wendy's.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in French Savory Snacks Market
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the UK Savory Snacks Market
- Dairy Product Market in New Zealand to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts, and Market Players
- Dairy Product Market in New Zealand to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the UK Ready Meals Market
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Russian Dairy Food Market
- Milk and Cream Market in New Zealand to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Market in New Zealand to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Market in New Zealand to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Dairy Food Market