Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/17/2014 -- Rising exposure to international trends through the use of the internet and higher levels of overseas travel continued to encourage Hong Kong consumers to sample various Western packaged food products such as snack bars towards the end of the review period. This is especially the case with snack bars, a category of products which are widely perceived as being archetypal Western packaged food products. Certainly, there is no tradition of snack bars consumption in Hong Kong. This all contributed to the rising demand for snack bars in Hong Kong towards the end of the review period.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical (HK) Ltd is expected to have maintained its leading position in snack bars in 2013 with a projected 49% value share. Intense competition within snack bars limited the growth opportunities for Otsuka Pharmaceutical in snack bars in 2013, although the company is expected to have maintained its value share due to its very well-established presence in the category.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Snack bars is expected to register positive constant value growth over the forecast period, with the rising sophistication of consumers expected to lead to them becoming more willing to consume snack bars. In addition, the healthy positioning of snack bars is also attracting Hong Kong's health conscious consumers, whether they are looking for snack bars as mere snacks or meal replacements.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Snack Bars industry in Hong Kong, China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Snack Bars industry in Hong Kong, China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Snack Bars in Hong Kong, China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Snack Bars in Hong Kong, China?
- What are the major brands in Hong Kong, China?
- Are sales benefitting as consumers look for a healthier alternative to confectionery?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- What are the other major snack bars markets globally?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Soups Market in Hong kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Soups Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- The Future of the Savory Snacks Market in Hong Kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Ambient Soup Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Frozen Soup Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Chilled soup Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- UHT Soup Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Dried soup Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Packaged Food in Hong Kong, China
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Hong kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape