Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "South Africa Food & Drink Report Q3 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/06/2013 -- We continue to hold a positive outlook on South Africa's consumer story, as the country's economy continues to recover post-recession. Private consumption is expected to be stable, rising 3.0% in 2013, paired with a growing population over our forecast period to 2017.Although the economic recovery has not been without challenges and will likely remain uneven, in our view, the consumer sector continues to hold up.
Headline Industry Data
- 2013 per capita food consumption (local currency) = +8.5%; five-year forecast compound annual growth (CAGR) to 2017 = +8.9%.
- 2013 soft drinks volume sales = +5.4%; forecast compound annual growth to 2017 = +7.5%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales (local currency) = +9.5%; forecast compound annual growth to 2017 = +9.8%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Developments
Shoprite Best Placed To Grow At Home, In Wider Africa: Shoprite has been one of the outstanding corporate South African success stories of the past few years. The food retailer has established itself as a leader in both South Africa's organised grocery sector and in leading the charge into wider Sub-Saharan Africa, where there are some phenomenal long-term growth opportunities. In Shoprite's first-half period to December 2012, group sales increased 13.8% year-on-year (y-o-y) while same-store group revenues increased 6.9% y-o-y. Looking at food retailing specifically (Shoprite also sells furniture), we remain of the opinion that it is the best placed South African retailer to continue leading growth both at home and in wider Africa.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Agribusiness Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of South Africa Food Packaging to 2017
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- South Korea Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q3 2013
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q3 2013