New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/28/2015 -- We revise d down our forecasts for IT spendi ng in South Africa owing to a weaker economic outlook from our Country Risk team since our previous update. However, it will remain one of the faster growing emerging markets in the IT sphere. We note the IT market is mainly driven by government spending as well as large enterprises, both of which are expected to slow their spending in the light of a slower economy . However, there is growing interest in IT solutions among small - and medium-sized enterprises ( SMEs ) looking to explore new sales and marketing channels as well as improve their operational efficiencies, offering new opportunities and maintaining South Africa's still good growth rate . SMEs continue to increase their spending on IT systems through upgrade d PCs and servers, while also starting to adopt enterprise applications and cloud-based solutions. Th e trend is partly driven by the rapid expansion of high-speed broadband networks and creates significant growth opportunities for IT products and services vendors considering the potential of South Africa's SME sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: ZAR38.23bn in 2014 to ZAR39.65bn in 2015, up 3.7% in local currency terms. Declining demand for PCs and laptops and weak local currency will continue to affect growth in 2015.
- Software sales: ZAR24.15bn in 2014 to ZAR25.61bn in 2015, up 6.1% in local currency terms. We believe the uptake of cloud-based software, which is less susceptible to piracy, will drive growth in software sales.
- IT services sales: ZAR38.23bn in 2014 to ZAR41.90bn in 2015, up 9.6% in local currency terms. We expect cloud computing and business process outsourcing (BPO) services to drive the uptake of managed services and outsourcing.
South Africa is in sixth position in our Q115 Middle East and Africa IT Risk/Reward Index table. Its aggregate score of 55.1 out of 100 is unchanged this quarter and...
The South Africa Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's South Africa Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in South Africa.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for South Africa to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the South African IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in South Africa's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in South Africa.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (?000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (?000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (?000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015
- Israel Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Egypt Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Singapore Information Technology Report Q1 2015