Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/13/2014 -- The past decade of minimal growth in South Africa's mining sector is set to continue as the country's gold and platinum sectors face diminishing margins and industrial strife. Potential for growth in the iron ore and coal sectors constitute bright spots for the mining industry in the long term. We forecast South Africa's mining sector value to grow by an annual average rate of 1.1% over our forecast period, from US$32.7bn in 2014 to US$34.2bn in 2018.
South Africa's share of global mined output is set to decline further as other mining jurisdictions experience faster rates of growth. We expect investment, particularly in gold mining, to be more attracted to low-cost, high resource opportunities in the rest of the continent such as the Democratic Republic of Congo.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Africa Petrochemicals Report Q2 2014
- South Africa Metals Report Q2 2014
- Ghana Mining Report Q2 2014
- Botswana Mining Report Q1 2014
- Tanzania Mining Report Q1 2014
- Mozambique Mining Report Q1 2014
- Zimbabwe Mining Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Business Forecast Report Q2 2014
- Future of the South African Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q2 2014