Fast Market Research recommends "South Africa - The Future of HNWIs to 2016: The Rise of African Wealth" from WealthInsight, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/08/2012 -- South Africa has the highest number of HNWIs in Africa. In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation, this report provides robust projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of local HNWIs and UHNWIs. The report then couches these findings in an analysis of the local Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein.
- South Africa has the highest number of HNWIs in Africa. As of 2011, there were over 44,700 HNWIs in South Africa, with a combined wealth of US$188 billion, accounting for roughly 27% of South Africa's total individual wealth (US$740 billion).
- The total number of HNWIs in South Africa increased by 17.9% during the review period (2007-2011), while HNWI wealth rose by 15.2%.
- The wealth of HNWIs in South Africa was positively influenced by a strong local property market, high savings rates and a significant appreciation of the South African rand against the US dollar over the review period.
- WealthInsight's research shows that over 20% of South African HNWI wealth is held offshore. Most of this wealth is held in the UK, Switzerland and the Channel Islands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report features:
- Independent market sizing of South African HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2011
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2016
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each city
- City wise breakdowns of UHNWI volumes and volume growth from 2007 to 2011, as well as 2016 forecasts
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in South Africa
- Size of local wealth management industry
- Largest private banks in South Africa by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world. It also includes profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2016.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Absa Wealth (Barclays), Investec Wealth & Investment, Standard Bank, Nedbank (Old Mutual), RMB (FirstRand), UBS, Sanlam, BoE Private Clients, Belmont Asset Management, Cheryl Howard and Associates, Investment Solutions Limited, K2 Capital, NFB Private Wealth Management, VFS Wealth Managers, Credo Group, Fairbairn (owned by Old Mutual), Kleinwort Benson, Sable Wealth Management, Stenham
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of National Healthcare Insurance Scheme Will Drive Market Growth
- Property Insurance in South Africa to 2016: Market Databook
- Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape in the South African Non-Life Insurance Industry to 2016: Market Profile
- Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape in the South African Life Insurance Industry to 2016: Market Profile
- Industry Dynamics and Competitive Landscape in the South African Personal Accident and Health Insurance Industry to 2016: Market Profile
- Travel Insurance in South Africa to 2016: Market Databook
- Brazil - The Future of HNWIs to 2016: The Latin American Giant
- Switzerland - The Future of HNWIs to 2016: Opportunities for Wealth Sector Professionals