Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- SandlerResearch.org adds LED Market in South Korea 2014-2018 new industry report in its store. An LED is a semiconductor light source used for various applications such as general lighting, back lighting, and automotive lighting. LED lighting applications include residential, office, retail, hospitality, industrial, outdoor, architectural, and others. LEDs are gaining acceptance in these applications because of their greater efficiency and low cost. Also, LEDs are able to address some key issues that the world faces today such as the energy crisis, resource scarcity, climate change, safety in and attractiveness of cities, productivity in offices, and an enhanced sense of health and well-being, as lighting consumes approximately 20 percent of all electricity in the world. LED lighting can save on an average up to 40 percent of energy.
Analysts forecast the LED market in South Korea will grow at a CAGR of 21.53 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the LED market in South Korea for the period 2014-2018.
The LED market in South Korea can be divided into three segments based on application:
- Automotive Lighting
- General Lighting
Purchase Report Directly @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=19061.
LED Market in South Korea 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers South Korea; it also covers the LED market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Cree Inc.
- LG Innotek Co. Ltd.
- Nichia Corp.
- Osram Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Philips LumiLeds Lighting Co. LLC
- Samsung LED Co. Ltd.
- Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- GE Lighting LLC
- Lite-On Technology Corp.
- Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Wooree E&L Co. Ltd.
Key Market Driver
- Need for Energy-efficient Lighting Solutions
Key Market Challenge
- High Installation Cost Associated with LEDs
Key Market Trend
- Shift toward Larger Diameter Sapphire Wafers
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?