Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2014 -- Specialty Synthetic Fibers & Glass Fiber Market by Types (Para & Meta Aramids, UHMW Polyethylene, Carbon Fiber, POA, Glass Fiber & Others), Applications (Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Wind Energy, etc.) & Geography - Global Trend & Forecast to 2018
The specialty synthetic fibers and glass fiber market had a consumption of 4,652,100.2 MT in 2012, with the highest share held by Glass fiber. The global market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2013 to 2018. The highest revenue is forecasted to be for glass fiber, owing to the low pricing as compared to other specialty synthetic fibers, growing application markets, availability of raw material sand huge production scale especially in China. Carbon Fiber is expected to have the highest growth of 10.2% from 2013 to 2018. The para aramids and meta aramids are expected to share together 18.6% of the revenue by 2018, growing at the rates of 6.9% and 4.9%, respectively between 2013 and 2018.
DuPont (U.S.), Teijin Limited (Japan), Toho Tenax (Japan), Toray Industries Inc. (Japan), Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd (Japan), Royal DSM (The Netherlands), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Owens Corning (U.S.), and Jushi Group (China) are the major active players in the specialty synthetic fibers and glass fiber market. These companies showed the highest strategy adoptions amongst other players in the global specialty synthetic fibers and glass fiber market.
From 2010 to 2013, new product launch/development was observed as the major growth strategy adopted by the specialty synthetic fibers and glass fiber companies, accounting for a share of 28% overall. In November 2013, DSM Dyneema unveiled new Dyneema Force Multiplier Technology products that offer improved performance up to 25% higher ballistic protection while decreasing weight by up to 20%. Similarly in September, 2013 Teijin Aramid developed Twaron T765, new fabric for anti-ballistic spall liner to safeguard military vehicles such as tanks, trucks, and armored personnel carriers and passengers in DESI show, London, U.K. The industry players are looking for acquisitions to increase the reach, and also enhance their penetration in the market. In May 2013, Owens Corning signed a deal with Japan based Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo K.K and Tanaka Kikinzoku International K. K. to buy Tanaka Kikinzoku (Suzhou) Co., Ltd (TKS), producer of glass fiber bushings and other parts. This transaction enhanced the company's product offering in the fast growing glass fiber market of China.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Yeast Market - Global Trend & Forecast to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Drilling Fluids (Drilling Mud) Market & Completion Fluids Market: by Types (Water-Based Systems, Oil-Based Systems, Synthetic-Based Systems, Other Based Systems), Application Areas (Onshore and Offshore) & Geography - Forecast to 2018
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Market, by Applications (Building & Construction, Packaging & Others), & Geography (North America, West Europe, Asia-Pacific & Rest of the World) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Specialty Gas Market by Types (High Purity, Noble, Carbon, Halogen, & Others), by Applications (Manufacturing, Electronics, Healthcare, Academics, & Others) & Geography - Global Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Cold Insulation Market By Types (Fiber Glass, Polyurethane Foam, Polystyrene Foam, Phenolic Foam & Others) & Application (HVAC, Refrigeration, Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Others) Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Microfluidics Market By Materials (Polymers, Silicon, Glass), Pharmaceuticals (Microreactors, Toxicity Screening, Lab on Chip, Proteomic & Genomic Analysis) Drug Delivery Devices (Microneedles, Micropumps), IVD (POC) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Alpha Olefin Market By Type (1-Butene, 1-Hexene, 1-Octene, 1-Decene, 1-Dodecene 1-Tetradecene, C16-18, C20), & Applications (Lldpe, Hdpe, Detergent Alcohols, Synthetic Lubricants, Polybutene-1, Aos & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018