New Beverages market report from Euromonitor International: "Sports and Energy Drinks in the Netherlands"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- Sports and energy drinks witnessed modest growth in 2013 in terms of off-trade value sales and even registered a decline in volume sales. The economic recession put pressure on both sports and energy drinks and for sports drinks in particular led to a negative impact on volume sales. Consumers began to avoid buying sports drinks partly because it is a relatively expensive product and this meant that many looked for more affordable alternatives.
Red Bull further expanded its leadership in 2013, gaining two percentage points in terms of retail value share. The company owes its strong position to the presence of its Red Bull brand, although it also owns the Bullit energy drink, which has a significant category share as well. In 2013 Red Bull tried to address consumer concerns about the high sugar content of Red Bull by launching Red Bull Zero, a low calorie energy drink. The launch of Red Bull Zero was reasonably successful and it helped the company to increase its sales value in total sports and energy drinks while some competitors suffered a decline in their off-trade value sales.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sports and energy drinks is expected to post further growth over the forecast period in both off-trade volume and value terms at constant 2013 prices, although growth rates will be much lower than those registered over the review period. One factor which may limit growth of energy drinks over the forecast period could be that energy drinks is increasingly facing an image problem. Energy drinks is viewed by a growing group of consumers as unhealthy and this limits the development of the category. Its core consumers of adolescents and young adults do not care so much about the perceived unhealthy nature of energy drinks, yet older consumers tend to be more concerned and also think that these drinks are unsuitable for younger consumers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sports and Energy Drinks in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sports and Energy Drinks in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- What are key new sports and energy drinks launches and what impact impact did they have on #category#?
- Who are the key consumers of sports and energy drinks in Netherlands?
- What time of day are sports and energy drinks most commonly consumed?
- What trends motivate people to drink sports and energy drink in Netherlands?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sports and Energy Drinks in China
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Estonia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Germany
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Italy
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Spain
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Portugal
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Nigeria
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Indonesia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Uruguay
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the United Kingdom