Fast Market Research recommends "Sportswear in the United Arab Emirates" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- The alarming obesity rates in the region where over 70% of women and over 60% of men are classified as either obese or overweight has a led to an increase in obesity-related diseases, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Over the review period, there were sustained public (government and media) and private efforts to attempt to stem these trends and as a result, exercise is increasingly being promoted as a necessity as part of healthy and positive lifestyle. But the uptake of regular exercise remains muted, as entrenched sedentary lifestyles are hard to shift. Women in particular are challenged in exercising by cultural norms, which restrict their ability to exercise outdoors in appropriate gear. Local high temperatures also make it difficult for both men and women to take up outdoor physical activities. Thus, uptake has mostly been reflected in the increase in memberships to private, air-conditioned gymnasiums over the last few years. This has therefore led to an increase in the purchase of sportswear so that sportswear retail grew in 2013 by a rate of 4% in the UAE, in retail value terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
adidas leads with a 26% share of category value in 2013. Other leading companies in sportswear in the UAE include Nike Inc with a 25% share, Columbia Sportswear Co with a 17% share and finally, The Timberland Co with a 9% value share. Accordingly, the leading brands in the UAE in 2013 were adidas, Nike, Columbia, Timberland, Reebok, and Puma.
Fitness and thus the uptake of sporting activities, is expected to increase in line with the health and wellness trend which is currently taking place in the UAE and which is set to grow significantly over the forecast period. Health concerns are set to drive this growth as forecasts suggest an increase in the rates of obesity-related illnesses in the population over the forecast period. The government is expected to intensify its efforts and initiatives to improve the health of its population and fitness, and thus by extension, sportswear will likely benefit from this trend. Sportswear is also set to benefit from the increasing uptake of Western fashion trends, which associate sportswear with fashionable dressing. Increasing Westernisation and a desire to be fashionable, will thus lead to an increase in the purchase of sportswear.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sportswear industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sportswear industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sportswear in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sportswear in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women?s clothing vs men?s clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Sports Apparel, Sports Footwear.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Shampoo Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Styling Agents Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Hair Colorants Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Conditioner Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Facial Care Market in the UAE to 2017
- Perms and Relaxers Market in the United Arab Emirates: Market Profile to 2017
- Footwear in United Arab Emirates
- Styling Agents Market in the UAE to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the UAE to 2017