Recently published research from GlobalData, "Stelara (Crohn's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/24/2014 -- The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Janssen Biotech (a J&J subsidiary) is developing Stelara for the treatment of patients with moderate to severe CD (see the Disease Overview section for further discussion). Stelara is an IgG1 mAb that simultaneously targets the common p40 subunit of the IL-12/IL-23 cytokines, which are implicated in CD. According to J&J's October 15, 2013 product pipeline, Stelara is currently undergoing Phase III trials in CD patients who have failed anti-TNF therapies (UNITI-1 trial), as well as in those who have failed conventional corticosteroid and immunomodulator therapies (UNITI-2 trial).
- Overview of Crohn's disease (CD), including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Stelara including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Stelara for the top eight countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Canada
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Stelara performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Stelara from 2012-2022 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Canada)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Stelara (Psoriasis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Psoriasis - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Psoriasis - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- TRx0237 (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- EVP-6124 (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Lu AE58054 (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Gantenerumab (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Arimenda (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- MK-8931(Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Crenezumab (Alzheimer’s Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022