New Pharmaceuticals market report from GlobalData: "Stivarga (Colorectal Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/19/2015 -- GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Stivarga (Colorectal Cancer) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023". Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Erbitux (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Erbitux and Vectibix are not recommended.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Bayer/Onyx's Stivarga (regorafenib) is an orally administered multi-targeting kinase inhibitor that was approved by the FDA in September, 2012 for the treatment of metastatic CRC patients who have not, or are no longer, responding to chemotherapy and an anti-VEGF therapy or, if KRAS wild-type, Erbitux and Vectibix (FDA, press release, September 27, 2012). Stivarga was approved under FDA priority review, allowing approval within six months of submission. Approvals for Stivarga in Europe and Japan followed in 2013 (Onyx Pharmaceuticals, press release, August 30, 2013; Onyx Pharmaceuticals, press release, March 25, 2013).
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Stivarga including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Stivarga for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and China.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Colorectal Cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Stivarga performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Stivarga from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK,Japan and China)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: HER2-Positive Breast Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023