Fast Market Research recommends "Street Stalls/Kiosks in Chile" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/01/2014 -- Street food diversification and growing popularity is still developing in the country. A considerable amount of independent players have surfaced, with upscale offerings in terms of types of cuisines and menu items, but all targeting a remarkable balance between high quality and affordable prices due to the very nature of their outlets. The main example is still the popular Franklin neighbourhood in Santiago. Franklin is a densely populated commercial neighbourhood with street markets and informal commerce. Over the last two years explosive growth in openings of several street outlets offering different international cuisines, such as the aforementioned Thai and Peruvian, Italian, Lebanese, Colombian and Mexican, among others, has occurred. Those outlets are not international cuisine restaurants. They have plastic tables and seats placed on the street and a little kitchen inside a small kiosk or stall. Additionally, the average price per dish is around CLP4,000, which is marginally more expensive than an average meal in a fast food outlet.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Independents hold 69% of the total street stalls/kiosks market in Chile, with sales that reach CLP6.6 billion. Sales share is mainly won through opportunity and regular customers, as stalls and kiosks tend to function in the same streets and/or neighbourhoods, with few exceptions of more mobile players. Chained competitors on the other hand are mainly represented by Nuts4Nuts, a small company that sells a variety of nuts, almonds and other candied dried fruit among its products at affordable prices. Nuts4Nuts is the first and only recognised chained stall that has achieved national coverage, with a consolidated position with more than 160 mobile stalls.
Over the forecast period street stalls/kiosks are expected to have a healthy performance, with a forecast constant value CAGR of 3%. This is mainly explained by the comparatively lower prices of street food vendors against eat-in restaurants and delivery services. This makes street stalls/kiosks somewhat immune to economic turmoil in the country, as in most cases the food offered by these stalls is cheap, and economic deceleration scenarios in the past did not significantly affect demand for products. For instance, one ?sopaipilla? only cost CLP100, which is the typical value people tend to carry as loose change. This, in front of an expected economic downturn in the Chilean economy, explains healthy growth rates for the category.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Street Stalls/Kiosks industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Street Stalls/Kiosks industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Street Stalls/Kiosks in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Street Stalls/Kiosks in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- How prevalent are chained street stalls or kiosks in Chile?
- Are any foodservice operators using the street stall or kiosk format to expand into other semi-captive locations or to reach a broader audience?
- What is the average sales per outlet for an independent street stall/kiosk in Chile?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in South Korea
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Portugal
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Canada
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in the United Kingdom
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in the Netherlands
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Thailand
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Mexico
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Australia
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Vietnam
- Street Stalls/Kiosks in Poland