Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Morocco boasts one of the largest young populations in the region with rising disposable income. Despite growing awareness of health, schoolchildren and teenagers are largely attracted by sugar confectionery. Towards the end of the review period sales of sugar confectionery were increasingly driven by products aimed at children. Lollipops and such products as pastilles, gums, jellies and chews benefited from an on-going upgrade towards fancier shapes and more fizzy tastes.
Pastor SA continued to lead sugar confectionery in 2013 with a 27% value share, with a slight increase on the previous year. The company's flagship brands Tofita and Toffee Top are leaders in toffees, caramels and nougat, holding a combined 24% value share in 2013. The company has invested heavily in distribution of its products, ensuring its supply across all distribution channels.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The on-going health and wellness trend is likely to minimise consumption of sugar confectionery, while the leading players are likely to introduce increasing numbers of sugar-free products in several sugar confectionery categories, including boiled sweets and pastilles, gums, jellies, and chews. This will be in response to the rising number of health-conscious consumers in Morocco. Other healthy ingredients such as calcium and vitamin C may also be added in order to lend specific sugar confectionery products a healthier image.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sugar Confectionery industry in Morocco with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sugar Confectionery industry in Morocco, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sugar Confectionery in Morocco market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sugar Confectionery in Morocco?
- What are the major brands in Morocco?
- Are consumers in developing markets abandoning comparatively cheaper sugar confectionery for chocolate?
- What are market opportunities for sugar-free products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Boiled Sweets, Liquorice, Lollipops, Medicated Confectionery, Mints, Other Sugar Confectionery, Pastilles, Gums, Jellies and Chews, Toffees, Caramels and Nougat.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Korea to 2016
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Australia to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in South Africa to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Canada to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Germany to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Belgium to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Japan to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Argentina to 2017
- Sugar Confectionery Market in Greece to 2017