Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/08/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Sumavel DosePro (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 market report to its offering
Sumavel DosePro (Migraine) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
Sumavel DosePro is currently the only commercially available prefilled disposable needle-free delivery system for subcutaneous injection. Its active ingredient is GSKs Imitrex (sumatriptan succinate) for acute treatment of migraines with or without aura. DosePro technology works by utilizing compressed nitrogen gas to penetrate the skin, under high pressure and into the subcutaneous tissue in one-tenth of a second (Sumavel DosePro prescribing information, 2011). The medicine is then absorbed into the bloodstream. The device was developed to enable self-administration of liquid drug formulations in single doses subcutaneously without a needle.
- Overview of Migraine, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Sumavel DosePro including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Sumavel DosePro for the US from 2012 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Migraine
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Sumavel DosePro performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Sumavel DosePro from 2012-2023 in the US.
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit