Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Swine (Pig) Feed Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/10/2014 -- Swine (Pig) Feed Market by Type (Starter, Grower, Sow), Additive (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Feed Enzymes, Feed Acidifiers) and by Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
Pork is the culinary name for the meat of the domestic pig. It is one of the most common types of meat consumed worldwide. Similar to all types of meat, pork is eaten both, freshly cooked and preserved. Some examples of preserved pork are ham, smoked pork, gammon, bacon, and sausage. Pork is a popular meat in the Western world. It is also very common in Chinese cuisine.
Many classes of swine feed have particular nutrient requirements. In general, feed for young pigs require greater dietary levels of most nutrients such as protein (lysine) than that for older pigs. As such, there are various diets on the market, or ones that can be mixed on farms, which are suitable to each class of pig. These diet types usually include starters, growers, sow, and others.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Feed additives are compounds added to premixes, supplements, and complete feeds. They are non-nutritive products used in swine diets to improve the health of pigs and enhance the quality of pork. Swine feed additives help to increase the profitability of pork production. Common feed additives used in pork diets include antimicrobials, antioxidants, emulsifiers, binders, pH control agents, and enzymes.
The phases of pork production that take place on farms to rear pigs ready for the market are called breeding-gestation, farrowing, nursery, and grow-finish. During these phases, the pigs are fed as per their feeding types and requirements. The global swine feed additives market generated a value of $4,419.0 million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% by 2018.
The swine feed market is dominated by key companies such as CHR. Hansen Holdings A/S (Denmark), Lallemand Inc. (Canada), Novus International Inc.(U.S), Royal DSM N.V. (The Netherlands), BASF (Badishce Anilin und Soda Fabrik) (Germany), Alltech Inc. (U.S), ADM (Archer Daniels Midland Company) (U.S), Charoen Popkhand Foods (Thailand), ABF Plc (Associated British Food) (U.K), Cargill Inc. (U.S). They keep the competition at a moderate pace; however, being a consolidated and rationalized market, individual companies have their competitive advantage in the market when supplying swine feed & additives.
SWINE FEED MARKET SHARE (REVENUE), BY GEOGRAPHY, 2012
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
The global swine feed market consumed 212,727.4 KT in 2012 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% by 2018. The market was led by grower feed with the fastest growing CAGR and market share. The market was led by Asia-Pacific in 2012.
SWINE FEED ADDITIVES MARKET SHARE (REVENUE), BY GEOGRAPHY, 2012
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Feed Antioxidants Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Feed Acidifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Feed Phosphate Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Feed Pigment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Animal Feed Additives Market - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2018)
- Poultry Feed Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Aqua Feed Market By End Consumption (Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks, Others), By Additives, (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Feed Enzymes, Feed Acidifiers, Others), By Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Industrial Enzymes Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Propionic Acid & Derivatives Market By Applications (Animal Feed & Grain Preservatives, Food Preservatives, Herbicides, Cellulose Acetate Propionate) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018