New Pharmaceuticals market report from GBI Research: "Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2014 -- GBI Research has released its pharma report "Systemic Psoriasis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020 - Continued Uptake of Biologics and Novel Pipeline Drugs to Drive Growth". The systemic psoriasis market is forecast to grow substantially over the forecast period from $5.0 billion in 2013 to $10.4 billion in 2020, across the eight major markets. This growth will be driven by a rising treatment population and the continued uptake of biologics.
Biologics will continue to drive market growth despite leading brands Enbrel (etanercept), Humira (adalimumab) and Remicade (infliximab) losing patent protection in most of the major markets over the forecast period. Although the market will suffer revenue losses as a result of sales erosion from biosimilar competitors, this will be offset by the emergence of novel therapies. Most notably, these include monoclonal antibodies secukinumab, ixekizumab and brodalumab, which are currently being developed by Alcon (Novartis subsidiary), Eli Lilly and Amgen, respectively.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- An introduction to psoriasis, which includes symptoms, epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment
- Analysis of the major systemic therapies in the current psoriasis marketed landscape
- Analysis of the pipeline for psoriasis, which includes a breakdown of pipeline molecules by phase of development, molecule type, molecular target and novelty. Psoriasis clinical trials are analyzed by size, duration and failure rates, and a comparative analysis of the most promising systemic pipeline molecules is also provided.
- Forecast projections for the systemic psoriasis market to 2020. Analysis is provided for the global market and each of the eight major markets. The forecast incorporates projected, low and high variance scenarios based on treatment usage patterns and annual therapy costs in each of the major markets.
- Analysis of strategic consolidations, including co-development and licensing deals, within the psoriasis indication
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand the current systemic psoriasis marketed products landscape and recognize the dominant therapeutic agents and pharmaceutical players involved
- Identify trends and developments within the psoriasis pipeline and consider how the future competitive environment will be impacted
- Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining the psoriasis clinical trial landscape in relation to industry averages
- Observe projections for treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs and market growth in the eight major markets and understand reasons for variance in projected patterns of growth in the eight major markets
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns
- Asthma Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Breakthrough Biologics to Enhance Treatment of Severe Asthma and Drive Market Growth
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Breast Cancer to 2019 - Strong Uptake of Novel HER-2 Targeted Therapies to Drive Robust Growth
- Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
- Acute Lymphocytic/Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics Market - (Pipeline Forecast & Market Forecast in G8 Countries) (2011 - 2020)
- Cardiovascular Diseases Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Increasing Prevalence and Promising Novel Drugs offset Patent Cliff Threat
- Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2019 - A Shifting Treatment Algorithm and Intensified Competition Expected to Drive Growth by 2019
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Promising Pipeline to Counter Declines from Patent Expiries
- Multiple Sclerosis Therapeutics to 2019 - Treatment Diversification, Increasing Efficacy, and Pipeline Innovation Combine to Drive Growth