A fact that could be alarming is that in spite of the advancements in dental technology and procedures, a large number of the population in all age groups continues to suffer from tooth decay which could ultimately lead to tooth loss.
San Clemente, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/10/2015 -- Dental caries or what is more popularly known as tooth decay is one of the most predominant dental disorders in children, but this does not exempt adults from the number of population affected by this oral health issue. More and more individuals are developing dental caries all over the world which is why dental experts and dental healthcare facilities have been trying to come up with the best treatments to solve this dilemma.
A fact that could be alarming is that in spite of the advancements in dental technology and procedures, a large number of the population in all age groups continues to suffer from tooth decay which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. In fact, even children with ages ranging from 2 to 11 years are having or have had carious lesions in their milk teeth or temporary teeth; this has reached about 42%. Children having permanent teeth between the ages of 6 to 11 years have had the same condition and some have even lost their teeth and this has reached around 21%. With the current lifestyle that young adolescents and adults have, 59% of the population with this age has also had dental caries. This is quite an alarming number which compelled dental experts to research on the best practices to treat tooth decay.
And to be able to attain the optimal oral health, a dentist is one of the most significant persons to consult and seek professional help from. Here are some of the best practices that an exceptional dentist would recommend to prevent and treat this distressing oral health issue:
- Proper Diet and Nutrition has always been significant in the maintenance of health, particularly oral and dental health. Food that is taken in by people affects the teeth as some components food items may cause tooth erosion, dental caries, and other dental health problems.
- Surgical antibiotic treatments are also necessary as part of the initial treatment when there is already a cavitated lesion in the teeth because these lesions cannot be completely treated without eliminating the infectious agents beforehand.
- Application of dental fillings and temporary crowns for huge dental lesions and application of sealants in deep grooves.
- Fluoride varnish is also advised by dentists after the completion of the surgical antibiotic treatments; this is best for those people who need remineralization of the teeth or those people who are not compliant with their dental treatments.
- Lifestyle modification is another important factor in prevention of tooth decay especially among adults; halting cigarette smoking and alcohol intake would greatly contribute in maintaining oral health as the chemical components of from tobacco and alcohol weakens and demineralizes the teeth which may lead to dental caries in the long run.
- Regular visits to the dentist for regular prophylaxis is one of the most effective preventive measures from developing tooth decay as well as practicing oral hygiene at home by regularly brushing 2 to 3 times a day and flossing the teeth.
Prevention is still better than treatment because of the fact that dental treatments for dental caries are quite exorbitant plus the fact that suffering from the signs and symptoms can really be quite a struggle.
About Dana Ghorab DDS PC
Dana Ghorab DDS PC is a private San Clemente California family dental practice, devoted to the highest standards in personalized dental care. They provide comprehensive treatment, restorative and cosmetic dentistry using state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the highest quality and comfort. They pledge to provide their patients with only the care they need and to educate and inform them of all options available. They see patients of all ages and hope to provide continuous care to all members of their clients' family. They aim to make dental care as comfortable as possible.
PR and Marketing @ Dana Ghorab DDS PC
Email Address: email@example.com